We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Opticians

Scotland
Level Contributor
119 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Opticians

Hi.. I have heard that there are some great deals to be had in Turkey for glasses. Take your prescription and have new specs made during your visit.

I was wondering if anyone had used the local opticians, can any be recomended and is it true that there are good deals.

thanks!! :)

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Sheffield
Destination Expert
for Ovacik, Hisaronu
Level Contributor
2,332 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Opticians

JimD. I take my precriction every year to Turkey to get my glasses, but never used Deva. I see you give the address & email address, but can you give me a Land Mark to find them if at all possible.

Turkish address never mean any thing to me, but land marks do.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
174 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Opticians

What a lot of negativity on here.

As always it's a matter of choice.

No need for anyone to get narky

If they don't agree.

I like Star but it doesn't bother me

that others prefer Gozo or Fethiye.

Mentioned in this post
Fethiye
Fethiye
Mugla Province, Turkey
wigan
Level Contributor
310 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Opticians

Hubby got his varifocals from Star in June and thinks they're brill. The optician in Fethiye checked his eyes three times...we wondered what he was up to then he told us...he was re checking to make sure what he was seeing was correct and that the specs he had from SS at home were too strong....

Mentioned in this post
Fethiye
Fethiye
Mugla Province, Turkey
Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
190 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Opticians

as the good lady was saying they checked my eyes a number of times then asked me if I had headaches to which I replied yes he then told me that the SS glasses were .5 to stong for me and had wanted to confirm their findings. i paid £300 for Ralph L glasses with everything included ie reacter light veri Focal and thin lenses and so forth. in the UK prices are about £700 on the high st. I checked these prices on the net before buying them. As I was on holiday for to weeks I went to Star opticians on the 1st Wednesday and was picked up from the hotel on the Thursday taken to Fethiye got tested picked my glasses and got them back on a Saturday which gave me a whole week to try them out. I have had no problems with them then and since and no headaches either.

Mentioned in this post
Fethiye
Fethiye
Mugla Province, Turkey
Willerby
1 post
Save Reply
35. Re: Opticians

My husband and I have had glasses from Star Optics in Hisaronu on eight occasions. The service is superb. One is taken into Fethiye where the eye tests are done in a state of the art eye hospital. The range of frames and types of lens carried by Star Optics is unbelievable. The whole service is a very pleasurable experience conducted by a very friendly, knowledgeable expert. We will be back again next year.

Mentioned in this post
Hisaronu
Hisaronu
Mugla Province, Turkey
Fethiye
Fethiye
Mugla Province, Turkey
London, England
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Opticians

Yes my husband friend and I have just been to see Ramos in goz opticians in the high street in hisaronu and received a first class professional service. There is a huge array of frames and Ramos is very skilled in helping you to choose the right frames. Cheaper too! And the eye test is so thorough I won't be visiting spec savers again - book a holiday here and get your eyes sorted too! Paul Tracey and I will b recommending goz opticians to all our friends that need glasses!

Scotland
Level Contributor
119 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Opticians

Can i ask how long they tell you manufacture and delivery will take? I am only in the resort for 10 days.

thanks

Heathfield, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
38. Re: Opticians

Yet again we have both had new glasses from Goz Optics. We have been regular customers for many years and never disappointed. At home in UK earlier this year my husband had to purchase an English pair of specs (very expensive). Good quality lenses, middle of the road frames but they have caused endless problems because the lenses have not been fitted correctly in the frames. Back to Ramos on our return to Ovacik - new glasses for both of us (cheaper than UK) and no problems. Once again a big THANK YOU to Ramos for his excellent service.

Aberdeenshire...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
18,052 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: Opticians

Does anyone think it's strange that people who have been coming to the area for years have not been to the Forum until now, and when they come they advertise the same Optician?? Lets see if they come back with recommendations for other places, i.e. restaurants, trips etc.,

Heathfield, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
40. Re: Opticians

Would be more than happy to answer any questions re resort. Restaurant recommendations are always difficult as everyone has different tastes and restaurants not always consistent. Been coming here since 1987 so happy to help.

Get answers to your questions about Hisaronu