We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Focus Tour shop.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Focus Tour shop.

The above named tour agency in Hisaronu is selling tickets for the dolphin travesty in Hisaronu.So now vote with your feet and avoid them altogether.Sadly the dolphins have arrived but you can still make your feelings on this issue known in the best way-by hitting the operators and all involved in their pockets!

Have wonderful holidays peeps but please,not at the expense of these beautiful animals.

Mentioned in this post
Hisaronu
Hisaronu
Oludeniz, Turkey
Fordingbridge...
Level Contributor
1,451 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Focus Tour shop.

Hear hear!

As I said on a previous post, we will not be using any agency for any trip if they are selling tickets to this travesty. We will also be spreading the word among our fellow holidaymakers when we are in Olu Deniz.

I'd urge you all to do the same.

muğla
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Focus Tour shop.

ım manager of focus tour......ı dont know who are you and why you didnt write that....ıf you know that there aare aa lot of doılphin park in turkey and the world and also ıf that compnies took let from goveerment why ı cant sell that trips to my customers when they wanna swim with dolphins......by the way yoou using my name with wrong information like ı opened that pool in kaş....so ı will talk with my lawyer and ı will look for my all legal right just letting you know so dont give anywrong information to people and delete your post from here...........

3. Re: Focus Tour shop.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:35 am, June 12, 2010
Fethiye, Turkey
Level Contributor
173 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Focus Tour shop.

firstly not only focus is selling that you are wrong that you open forum as the travel agency name

i m saying again you cannot make only one company everybody is selling that trip in fethiye and hisaronu

if you can just change the topc name

dont write there the name of company focus tour is not the owner the dophing pool they are not the only one who is selling the trip there you cannot write to only one company name there you should open topic in another name

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Focus Tour shop.

So okay.This is the first one and if anyone else notice's an agency selling the tickets please let us know.It is important to let people know so they can make an informed choice of who they give their money to.

You have a democratic right to sell the tickets(in your opinion)and people have a democratic right not to give you their money if they don't want to- for what ever reason!

Anyone in Hisaronu or the near area at the moment please let us know who is selling these tickets.Many thanks.

PLEASE NOTE!This is not a call to boycott a business this is simply to give travellers informed choices :)What they do then is their choice-as you'll find out.

Mentioned in this post
Hisaronu
Hisaronu
Oludeniz, Turkey
Brighton and Hove...
Level Contributor
7,341 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Focus Tour shop.

I sincerely hope that Focus and all the other tour agents selling tickets for the dreadful dolphin pool in Hisaronu will realise that this is a bad decision, for whilst they might find a few punters to sell a few tickets to, I am sure that they will find that they are not selling any of their other usual tours as people choose to shop elsewhere. I certainly would not buy anything from them.

Mentioned in this post
Hisaronu
Hisaronu
Oludeniz, Turkey
uk
Level Contributor
494 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Focus Tour shop.

We are also coming to Hisaronu mid July for 2 weeks and we will definately not be booking our tours through ANY agency that sells the Dolphin tour.

Mentioned in this post
Hisaronu
Hisaronu
Oludeniz, Turkey
Fordingbridge...
Level Contributor
1,451 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Focus Tour shop.

Why has TA removed the eloquent reply to the Focus tours manager? I couldn't see anything abusive or wrong in it. Indeed, I congratulated the writer by pm, on a well written piece. It gave a very balanced view on why it was important that holidaymakers should know who is selling tickets for the dolphinarium, so that they could make an informed choice about which company to buy their trips from.

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
15,723 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Focus Tour shop.

Focus Tour and all the other tour operators who are selling tickets for these dolphinariums, regardless in which area, should notice that Germany´s biggest travel company TUI has cancelled their trips to those entertainments, followed by Thomas Cook and Schauinsland.

Perhaps they should ponder why...! I hope that they will find better places to sell trips to or to sell tickets for. No attempt to ruinate the business of somebody but just a try to put facts in perspective.

Tschüss

patara01

Mentioned in this post
Germany
Germany
Europe
lancashire
Level Contributor
2,761 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Focus Tour shop.

This message is not just to the Manager of Focus Tours, but to any Tour operator who still sell these trips to Dolphinariums and/or Swimming with Dolphins.

Whilst everyone on the forums recognise that you have a living to make, and not one of us would wish it any other way, HOW you make a living has to be taken into consideration. We are not a bunch of trouble makers who are insisting you stop trading, we are, at the very least asking you to look at what you are doing.

There may still be people out there who want to swim with Dolphins, I would love to swim with these wonderous creatures, but in their natural environment, not in a little pool, where conditions are cramped and quite frankly heartbreaking.

Could you imagine as a human being, having your freedom taken from you? placed into captivity to perform each day for a crowd of human beings, who, in my opinion are either misinformed, or more scaringly, informed and couldn't give a damn.

All we are asking is that you. as a business man, take a look at this small piece of your whole trip itinerary, i.e Dolphin Trip, and understand that if you were to Cancel all the trips, and advertise the fact..........something like

Focus Tour Group DO NOT sell trips to any Dolphinarium etc, etc,.... this could only be a step in the right direction, people who want to go on trips would see you as environmentally friendly, as being humane, dignified, and having respect for these beautiful creatures.

Can you imagine how many trips you would sell because of this? a lot more than what you would normally.

It is just a suggestion, and whilst I understand your comments, I cannot in all honesty agree with them.

People are so aware now of Dolphins in captivity, and more and more want to see an end to this whole spectacle. You could be a pioneer, and then other tour goups would follow. That could only be good for business.

I truly believe that if you would look at the bigger picture, you will agree that these creatures should not be imprisoned and left to slowly die of broken hearts.........Not emotional clap trap by any standards, they are social animals, just like human beings, they need their friends and family about them to survive.

I hope that you will consider my comments.

Regards

DLV