We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safety

1 post
Save Topic
Safety

The safety of Hisaronu Fethiye Turkey has me concerned to ever consider visiting. An tragic event to a UK friend has brought front and center the safety of women in Turkey and the corrupted people; criminals associates, government officials, and lack of legal processes and support.

Even if my friend finds some justice and comfort after being held against her will, raped and totally dismissed by law and officials I will never visit Turkey.

Mentioned in this post
Hisaronu
Hisaronu
Oludeniz, Turkey
Fethiye
Fethiye
Mugla Province, Turkey
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
4 replies to this topic
manchester uk
Level Contributor
107 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safety

Amy, this is some form of random post without any context and though reading between the lines one can guess, and sympathies lie with your friend in the first place and must always remain at the forethought of everyone.

Unfortunately such incidents are not isolated to Turkey or a particular region, one only has to read the papers here in the UK and working in this field is only the tip of the iceberg.

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Level Contributor
125 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safety

So sorry to hear of your friends terrible ordeal. It must have been a nightmare for her. However, I would still feel safer as a women alone in Turkey than in some areas of uk. And as for the help from the law, my personal experience in the uk makes me privy to prosecution and defence and its not so brilliant here either. I hope your friend gets the help she needs,but please don't blame an entire country for the actions of a few.

Edited: 2:47 am, June 10, 2018
Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
107 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safety

Get this down

Turkey is one of the greatest places on earth and the people are brilliant.

If you don't have a crazy agenda then fair enough but on here is not the place to show it.

UK is needing sorted not Turkey

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
269 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Safety

Sorry to hear about your friend and sympathise completely. I hope with the correct help and support she will be able to rebuild her life

But again through experience the UK have their downfalls too. We have monsters over here also! Look at the Rochdale grooming gang and all those girls that were failed.

Im sorry to say buy this post is inappropraite to this forum.

Reply to: Safety
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Hisaronu