We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Development in Montgo ?

11 posts
Save Topic
Development in Montgo ?

Hi all. Planning on a family trip to Javea next July and we have earmarked Montgo as an ideal location - peaceful, scenic and relaxing, yet a short drive to the beach and port. We have found a couple of villas that suit, but both have undeveloped plots of land adjacent. Could someone enlighten me as to how much development is currently going on in Montgo and whether it is realistic that we could have our peaceful holiday ruined by construction ?

As an alternative we have seen a villa in the Tosalet area. Obviously without the views, but does anyone have any thoughts on Tosalet vs Mongo as a location ?

Appreciate any responses.

Level Contributor
2,141 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Development in Montgo ?

There is not much development going on in Javea.

Both areas Montgo and Tosalet are old urbanizations, both with the advantage : large green plots , generally very peaceful areas.

Of course renovation of old villas are possible, but probably not in July .

I prefer Tosalet over Montgo area because its hilly situation : many villas have nice views , some even spectacular seaview over the bay .

Another advantage is : Tosalet is close to the Arenal beach

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
108 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Development in Montgo ?

We are in Tosalet, and this is a great area without any construction noise as generally the area is mature. You do get the odd refurbishment or extension being built but not much in the summer as it's so hot. Tosalet for me over Montgo.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
12 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Development in Montgo ?

I am as biased as the previous correspondents and I live on Montgo and would recommend it - the views toward Bernia, Cumbre del Sol, Gata and the town and sea are great. It is also very quiet if you can find a villa elevated from the Jesus Pobre road.

There is some development on Montgo at the moment but it is not a lot - like previous correspondents there is always the possibility of some renovation/refurbishment work - however the plots are very big so you would be unlucky to be close to any noisy building work. There are also some restrictions to building work on Montgo due to the national park.

In general I find sea views are over-rated unless there is bad weather.

There is a good quiet walking route from much of Montgo into the Old Town on Cami Castellans avoiding the main roads.

No matter what you choose I hope you have a great holiday.

Still have questions?Post your own question so other travelers can help.
Ask a question
Bedford, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Development in Montgo ?

Hello. We are a group of three families (11 people in total 50yrs - 8yrs). We are trying to decide whether to book a villa in Montgo area or Moraira in August. Both of our villa options will involve a short 5 min drive to the towns (Javea or Moraira) . We are looking for nice bars and restaurants that are family friendly and easy access to nice walks. Some questions we have are how expensive are taxis? Is Montgo an area where you can walk to restaurants or bars from? Is one area preferable for beaches/promenade walks/things to do/visit etc......

Edited: 2:16 pm, January 29, 2013
5. Re: Development in Montgo ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 31, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Javea
Recent Conversations
More Javea Topics