We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Alicante Airport to Denia

Which Denia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Plymouth,UK
Level Contributor
10 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Getting from Alicante Airport to Denia

Hi,

I hope someone can help.

I need to get to Denia from Alicante Airport on 19th September 2014, my plane lands at 16.55pm.

I also need to return from Denia to Alicante Airport on 26th September 2014, my flight is at 17.35pm.

I've been told that Beniconnect only drop off at La Jara and that the journey takes 3-4 hours. Is this correct and is La Jara a long way from Denia?

I've tried the Alsa website and their buses do not co-incide with my flight times.

I don't know what to do. Can anyone help? Your advise will be very much appreciated.

kind regards

Stella.

London, United...
Level Contributor
505 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from Alicante Airport to Denia

Beniconnect drop at La Jara but I'm surprised you have been told 3 - 4 hours. Depending where you are staying in Denia you could get a taxi from La Jara to your accommodation.

Another option is the TRAM thAt runs from Alicante along the coast. I don't know the exact timetable but I think the last train that links all the way to Denia leaves about 9pm from Alicante. Your need to get bus from Airport in to Alicante and then catch the TRAM to Benidorm and then change lines and continue by TRAM to Denia. I'll try to find link to timetables for you - it's FGV trains.

Or you could get the Bus that leaves Alicante airport to Benidorm. Think it leaves the airport on the hour until late and then get the TRAM to Denia (it takes an hour to Benidorm and then about an hour an a half to Denia).

Alternatively I would genuinely think about a private transfer because although it might seem a lot upfront it will be door to door and quick. Sometimes the cheaper options end up as expensive when you factor in all the little extras.

London, United...
Level Contributor
505 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from Alicante Airport to Denia

This gives good advice and provides links regarding the TRAM

http://www.benidorm-info.com/travel/tram_fgv/

Plymouth,UK
Level Contributor
10 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from Alicante Airport to Denia

Hi,

Thank you for your detailed reply.

I didn't know it would be so difficult to get to Denia from the airport and almost wish I had booked a holiday to Benidorm now as it would be easier!

Anyway, I've booked the Daniya Denia Hotel.

I don't want to travel by tram as I don't speak any Spanish, I'm travelling alone and I'm a bit nervous and it would take too long.

Do you know how long it would take with Beniconnect? They seem to be reasonably priced at 50 Euros return.

Alternatively do you know of any cheap private transfers - maybe an ex-pat running a transport service?

Many thanks.

Stella

London, United...
Level Contributor
505 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting from Alicante Airport to Denia

I am surprised the Benniconnect transfer takes 3 - 4 hours but it might be due to drop offs on the way. If you do do this then the taxi will probably cost about €10/€12 euros from La Jara to Hotel Daniya.

This taxi company is good - they speak English and they also do airport transfers: www.radiotaxidenia.com

Another transfer company I know of but haven't used is www.costablancaprivatetransfers.com. It's an English run company so you could easily find out what they would charge.

I'm sure there are ex pats that pick up - lots do if you are privately renting but I'm afraid I do not know of anyone.

Have you contacted Hotel Daniya to see if they offer a service?

I hope you get it sorted you are right about difficulty of getting there without a car. Many queries are regarding this - you will enjoy Denia though, it's lovely.

5. Re: Getting from Alicante Airport to Denia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, August 21, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Denia