We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday food shopping

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Sunday food shopping

Hi.

We arrive in Pego on Sunday 4th August just after lunchtime. I know supermarkets and shops are normally closed on Sundays, but does anyone know where we could do some at least basic food shopping around the Denia area that afternoon or evening?

Thanks in anticipation

London, United...
Level Contributor
505 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunday food shopping

Just checked the big Eroski in the Portal shopping centre just off the tolls as this could have been potentially open, but it closes every Sunday. Supermarkets are usually open until 1pm on a Sunday.

So if you are arriving after 1pm you will need to go in to the centre of Denia. On the Main Street is an OpenCor which will be open. It's not quite 24 hours but opens very late and has a small supermarket where you can pick up all the basics, milk, bread (has a fresh bakery), some fresh chilled and frozen food, crisps etc. it's about the size of a small Tesco's express shop.

Hope this helps

ss x

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunday food shopping

That's great - I'd forgotten about that Opencor - have been there a couple of times in the past.

I was hoping that the Eroski at La Marinara would be open on Sundays in high season, but maybe not.

Thanks for your help

3. Re: Sunday food shopping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, June 28, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Denia