We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bars and restaurants

Which Denia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
Bars and restaurants

Am off to Denia in a few weeks, staying in villa on Carrer Grua in Las Marinas. Looking for recommendations for good, child friendly local restaurants and bars, ideally within walking distance. Any ideas?

London, United...
Level Contributor
505 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Bars and restaurants

Hi - you are up near us about 4/5km out of Denia centre.

Firstly there is a regular bus service (3 times an hour) in and out of town. Very clean airconditioned buses.

You are very close to the beach - walk up to the main Las marinas road and cross over and then follow one of the many roads down to the beach.

As for bars and restaurants within walking distance you have quite a lot of choice.

Very close to you is a Pizza restaurant called Sorrentos. It used to be our favourite - especially when the children were little, but it has changed hands so not sure I am comfortable giving it a glowing recommendation but it will certainly serve you well for a good pizza - it has a nice terrace out the front.

Across the road from Sorrentos is another pizza restaurant which again is good for the children, but basic. Both of these turn left when you get to the Las Marinas road from Carrer Grua.

Also opposite Sorrento's is a beautiful Hostal called Mi Campana. This is very typically Spanish and is more expensive. It has a lovely enclosed garden.

If you walk a little further along the Las Marinas road to the Les Fonts complex (about 3 minutes) you will find the main supermarket at this end - Masymas. On this complex the main recommendation I would give is Bar Limite45. Lovely owners (english speaking), Icecreams and light snacks. Down the beach road next to this - on the beach is the Casa de Arroces. Good paella restaurant and kids can play on the beach. There is one of those climbing pyramid thingy's.

If you turn right out onto the Las marinas road you will immediately see a restaurant called Los Jazmines (this is also where the bus stop is). This is a lovely Sapnish restaurant - again with a nice terrace (more expensive than sorrentos).

All along the Las marinas road there are little groupings of bars and restaurants. You are between Les Fonts and Las Velas/Las Brisas, both very walkable.

I would definitely recommend going in to town though - either driving or bus as there are fantastic restaurants along the front or in the town itself. The bus stops on the harbour and you will see all the restaurants from the bus as you go in. Catch it from the same stop (at this time of year last bus is about 10.30pm). The main street runs at a right angle as you cross over the road and walk through the palm lined paseo.

We have always found all restaurants to be very child friendly.

Any more info, please ask.

ss x

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
2,303 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bars and restaurants

solysombre - since you seem to know Denia so well - can you tell me if there is a bus service from The Marriott into town? We are hiring a car but it would be nice to be able to have the odd tipple whilst out and leave the car behind - in the past we've always driven.

Also - I remeber there was a restaurant along the road from the marriott - headsing away from Denia (it's been a couple of years & I've got a blonde brain) - it had a lovely feel to it and was pretty much all outdoor - when we stayed in Altea last time we decided to drive up there one night - lol we only went on the only day they were closed! Anyway - do you know where I mean and do you know if it's still there?

Have any other nice restaurants opened up closer to the Marriott?

London, United...
Level Contributor
505 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Bars and restaurants

Hi - just happened to be on here when you posted. I don't lurk around waiting for posts !!!

I'm fairly certain there is not a bus that runs from the Marriott to Denia - it will have to be a taxi from town (about 15Euros I think). If you read the reviews of the Marriott i think a couple of reviewers mention this. Basically any trip from Denia to Javea has to be done by car.

I'm afraid i don't know the restaurants along that stretch of road - you might be able to post on the Javea forum and get a reply from posters who have villas on the Montgo.

ss x

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
2,303 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bars and restaurants

Thanks solysombre - I thought as much - not to worry.

5. Re: Bars and restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 25, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Denia