We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

advice needed please

Leeds/UK
Level Contributor
361 posts
1 review
Save Topic
advice needed please

myself and 4 friends are planning a trip to Alicante this summer (first week of July probably) denia was recommended to me, so would really like the "experts" opinions.

we are all mid 20's and enjoy being out and doing things. we dont want the nightlife of a benidorm but a couple of night clubs and bars would be wanted.

we would be looking to rent a villa for a week and a car too.

any ideas or opinions?

London, United...
Level Contributor
505 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: advice needed please

Sadly its a long time since I was an expert in 20's holidays!!!(or at least it feels like it!)

But I can give you some info about Denia in terms of nightlife etc. The main night life is centred around bars and restaurants in the centre of town - some of the such as Bar11 are very chilled out and definitely for the younger age group.

There is also tapas alley up behind the church square which is also very buzzy.

The Marina is another definite younger place with some very cool bars with roof top terraces. In the summer you can take a speed boat called The Beast out to the Marina from the port in town - runs like a shuttle bus every 15 minutes.

When i was your age there were several night clubs central to Denia but they have gone now and I think there is a night bus service to the out of town ones (you would need to enquire at the tourist info in town or go to Denia.net to find out) - or take the TRAM train to Benidorm which is 30 minutes along the coast.

So if you just want some chilled out late night drinking then Denia is a good choice - if you want more nightlife then you will need to put a bit more effort in.

Obviously there may be some night clubs around that I have totally missed and some youngies or less knackered oldies (!) might correct me!

Remember as well you are only a ferry ride from Ibiza - how about doing a 2 stay holiday and getting the ferry across and flying back from ibiza or vice versa?

To be close to Denia you are also probably looking at apartments with communal pools - most villas tend to be a bit further out and also up on the mountains - which would need a car.

Have you thought about Javea ?- post on there as it might be another possibility.

Finally you need to decide how to get from the airport to Denia - car, train or transfer.

Any more questions please ask,

ss x

Norfolk
Level Contributor
598 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: advice needed please

Hello

I think Denia would suit you perfectly. There are no nightclubs what I know of but there are loads of trendy bars and restaurants Some bars have live music and there is loads always going on. I have owned a house near Denia for 9 years and plan to retire there soon. Cannot wait. There are a few villas around and near Denia you could rent out and loads of Apartments too. The following website has loads of offer.

www.ownersdirect.co.uk/search_results.asp…

Denia has loads to do too. You could take a boat trip along the coast. Catch the train to Alicante or Valencia for the day. Go shopping then hit the bars. Go for wonderful meals. Visit nearby towns such as Javea, Calpe and Moraira. Coast road from Moraira to Calpe is wonderful and has some amazing coves along the way you can go to. Algas Bar about 1 mile from Moraira along coast road to Calpe is well worth going to. Trendy and lively and fab views next to sea. Javea has a place called Arenal Bay which is really nice, great sandy beach with loads of trendy bars. I love it there.

Denia also has miles and miles of beautiful beaches During the summer little beach huts open up selling drink and food. Denia has a great seafront too with watersports on offer. There are caves nearby you can visit, waterfalls, waterparks, fab towns. As you are hiring a car( as I always do) you are free to do what you like when you like. Near Denia( Ondara) there is a huge trendy shopping mall which has great shops and 10 pin bowling and bars and restaurants and a cinema. Nice to goto if you want a break from the heat.

I love Denia as a base and you have so much around you to see. Denia has lively bars and Ihink you will love it. It is trendy and has everything for anyone at any age. I am late 30's and not into clubs, but really enjoy the trendy bars Denia has. I love Denia's contrasting beaches too, some are sandy and some are rocky. The road from Denia to Oliva , coast road also has loads of bars and places to eat. You will love it there.

Cheers

Norfolk
Level Contributor
598 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: advice needed please

Hello

also if you go in 1st week of July there will be an amazing Fiesta on too. I was there last year when it was on, great fun. Running of the bulls and live music and parties and fireworks and more.

JULY 2011

Denia: July 02 - 10 'La Santísima Sangre y Bous a Mar’'

The Bulls in the Sea - celebrating its patron are the festivities in honour of the Santísima Sangre, with the famous Bous a la Mar, declared a Festivity of National Tourism Interest. What started out as an anecdote has ended up becoming one of the events that identifies Dénia. The bull runs, starting at the top of the main street Marquis de Campo, end at the port where would-be amateur bullfighters and young bulls cannot stop themselves from falling into the sea off the harbour wall, urged on by spectators sitting above in a purpose built semi-circular arena. This is one of the highlights of the festivities of la Santísima Sangre.

Norfolk
Level Contributor
598 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: advice needed please

Hello

according to another website, the celebrations start on the 4th July....

full programme and times in link below

www.denia.net/uk/actualitat/noticia.asp…

5. Re: advice needed please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, January 21, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Denia