We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saturday night dining with a decent wine list

Which Frederick hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
767 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Saturday night dining with a decent wine list

Hello, we are planning to spend a Saturday night in Frederick. We are slightly foodies but not snobby and we stay away from chains. Can you recommend a good restaurant for dinner? I read the reviews for Volt but it might be a little pricier than we are looking for for a tasty but laid back dinner. We have a great foodie area at home so we are not necessarily looking for the dinner of a lifetime, just somewhere to go to get a decent meal and a good wine list. Mexican and margaritas would be ok if that tops the list, otherwise we are open to suggestions. Thanks!

Wausau, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,119 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Saturday night dining with a decent wine list

The Wine Kitchen is a really good choice. I have not been in a while but suggested the place to my parents who ate there in December. They are definately foodies and gave the place high marks. For my part I visited Frederick on business a couple times a year and could always count on a quality meal. Good luck.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,004 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Saturday night dining with a decent wine list

Check out tasting room

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,417 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Saturday night dining with a decent wine list

I have really enjoyed Firestone's on Market Street (http://firestonesrestaurant.com). If you want to get out of Frederick slightly, I also recommend Monocacy Crossing (http://www.monocacycrossing.com).

dctravel

Edited: 8:40 pm, January 05, 2014
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
767 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Saturday night dining with a decent wine list

Thank you so much for the responses. Now I need to check the reviews and websites for each location. I think it's going to be a tough choice!

Maryland, USA
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Saturday night dining with a decent wine list

I'll second Tasting Room.

Wine Kitchen is close behind.

You can still go to Volt, sit at the bar, enjoy some wine and a few bar snacks which are very good.

Bethesda MD
Level Contributor
1,658 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Saturday night dining with a decent wine list

Skip Volt because the same chef's work is metro-accessible at Range in Friendship Heights.

Round Hill VA
Level Contributor
78 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Saturday night dining with a decent wine list

I'd head to Ayse Meze near downtown but do make a reservation. It's a fun place to eat and you might be able to reserve the couch seating. Check out the online menu for food and the wine list is about 4 pages long and very reasonable.

8. Re: Saturday night dining with a decent wine list

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, July 14, 2015