We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need a good hotel for wedding guests...

California
1 post
Save Topic
Need a good hotel for wedding guests...

I need to pre-book a block of rooms for my wedding and I am having trouble selecting a hotel. I am originally from Frederick so I know the area- but I've never had to stay in a hotel there. Any recommendations for something relatively affordable, nice, and close to Myersville/Rt 40?

Mentioned in this post
Myersville
Myersville
Maryland
Frederick, MD
Level Contributor
144 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need a good hotel for wedding guests...

I tried to post 2 x but I don't see them so I will try one more time. Maybe 'cuz I posted a web site? Sorry if it is repeated.

There is a Holiday Inn on Rt. 40 (they call it Holiday Inn - Ft. Detrick)

I've never stayed there.

However, I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Holidome & Conference Center by the FSK Mall on numerous occasions. It has an indoor pool as well as indoor mini-golf. If you do a google search, I'm sure you will find a site for it. It's relatively easy to get to Myersville from here to. Hop right on the highway.

Here is the info that I found about it for you.

If you call, ask for Sondra. I've dealt with her before and she's been very helpful.

Features Include: 155 Guest Rooms

Suites & King Leisures

In-Room Coffee, Hair Dryer, Iron & Full-Size Ironing Board

In-Room Nintendo and Pay-Per-View Movies

In-Room Two-Line Phones with Voice Messaging

Meeting Room for up to 900

Guest Laundry

5400 Marketplace Restaurant

Casey's Lounge

Room Service Available

Holidome Indoor Recreation Center with Pool, Fitness Room, Sauna, Whirlpool, Mini Golf & Tabletop Games

Shuttle Service to Local Area

ATM Available

Excellent Location:

Located at the intersection of I-270 and Route 85

Adjacent to the Francis Scott Key Mall

Near the Historic District, Antietam National Battlefield Cemetery and Harper's Ferry, West Virginia

25 miles from Gettysburg, PA

45 miles from Washington, D.C. & Baltimore, MD

Mentioned in this post
Myersville
Myersville
Maryland
Francis Scott Key Mall
Francis Scott Key Mall
2 Reviews
Frederick, MD
West Virginia
West Virginia
United States
Gettysburg
Gettysburg
Pennsylvania
Washington
Washington
United States
Baltimore
Baltimore
Maryland
York, PA
Level Contributor
2,545 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need a good hotel for wedding guests...

The Holiday Inn Holidome and Conference Center just completed a major renovation. The hotel has a webpage at www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hd/frdmd. You might also want to check out the new Hampton Inn on Opossumtown Pike. There's also a newer Comfort Inn on Executive Way that is very nice. (Do note that the picture shown on this website is not the Comfort Inn!) Hope this helps.

Mentioned in this post
Hampton Inn Frederick
Hampton Inn Frederick
931 Reviews
Frederick, MD
Comfort Inn Frederick
Comfort Inn Frederick
125 Reviews
Frederick, MD
Frederick, MD
Level Contributor
144 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need a good hotel for wedding guests...

The Hampton Inn on Oppossumtown Pike is on the corner by where I live and I don't recommend staying there. It's expensive and not a safe area. Too many shootings starting to happen in this area! Stay away for safety's sake!!!!

Mentioned in this post
Hampton Inn Frederick
Hampton Inn Frederick
931 Reviews
Frederick, MD
York, PA
Level Contributor
2,545 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need a good hotel for wedding guests...

I meant to say the Hampton Inn on Buckeystown Pike, not the new one on Opossomtown Pike. It is an older Hampton Inn that is quite nice and is reasonably priced. A free continental breakfast with both hot and cold breakfast items is served each morning.

Mentioned in this post
Hampton Inn Frederick
Hampton Inn Frederick
931 Reviews
Frederick, MD
Delran
Level Contributor
51 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need a good hotel for wedding guests...

I know there is a Days Inn close to Rt. 40 in Frederick. I don't visit Frederick frequently, so I can't help you that much. The motel is decent, clean, and affordable. Good if you want a clean motel and not have to spend a fortune.

Mentioned in this post
Days Inn Frederick
Days Inn Frederick
715 Reviews
Frederick, MD
Smithsburg, Maryland
Level Contributor
16 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need a good hotel for wedding guests...

I don't know if you thought about checking Hagerstown since Myersville is about halfway between Fredneck and Hagerstown but the prices will probably be cheaper in Hagerstown and there is actually a Sheraton right off Rt. 40, 1/2 mile from I-70. None of the Frederick hotels are great and the newest hotel is the Hampton off of Oppossumtown Pike -- not dangerous as suggested -- we own a condo right behind it. Two older hotels in town are the Red Horse and the Holiday Inn on Rt. 40 so I would avid both of those.

Mentioned in this post
Hagerstown
Hagerstown
Maryland
Myersville
Myersville
Maryland
Frederick, Maryland
Level Contributor
2 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need a good hotel for wedding guests...

There is a fairly new Holiday Inn Express near the FSK Mall right off I270- it's also only about 1.5 miles from I70.

I would not be afraid to stay at the new Hampton Inn on Opossumtown Pike. I have lived here in Frederick County for 14 years and that neighborhood, despite having low-medium income families, is not any worse than the rest of Frederick. It is not that far from downtown and other nice neighborhoods. It's also probably the best place to stay that is close to Hood College.

Mentioned in this post
Hampton Inn Frederick
Hampton Inn Frederick
931 Reviews
Frederick, MD
8. Re: Need a good hotel for wedding guests...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, August 15, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Frederick