We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel to Besalu

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
128 reviews
Save Topic
Travel to Besalu

We are thinking of stopping in Besalu a few nights in June. Looks from the website that there are plenty of buses from Girona. Does anyone know how easy it is to get from the bus stop in to town? I understand the bus can't get in to town and has to stop up on the main highway,

Castle Besalu
Architectural Buildings, Bridges, Castles, Historic Walking Areas
Miqve
Sacred & Religious Sites, Historic Sites
derby
Level Contributor
597 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel to Besalu

We went to Besalu by bus from Gerona in 2003. Besalu is little more than a village, and only takes 10 mins to walk across, less than Victoria to Broadmarsh. The bus stop was just on the edge of the village, and I doubt if that will have changed.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel to Besalu

Thanks Frankfrog that sounds not too bad. We had been before but drove about 10-12 years ago. We were not sure how easy it would be to get in to the town using public transport. We will be touring round a bit and wanting to avoid having to use a car if we can. Dropping of on the bus sounds like it will be quite easy. Do you remember what it was like picking up a bus to travel on either to Olot or back to Gerona?

derby
Level Contributor
597 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel to Besalu

On that occasion we did a round trip from the coast, going Gerona - Besalu (Lunch) - Olot - Lloret, with no problems. I looked the times up beforehand at www.teisa-bus.com (which isn't working today). We didn't have time to do more than change buses in Olot, but it looked worth a longer visit.

Going from Besalu to Olot, a bus pulled in 5 mins early, and the driver waved his arms about in a way I interpreted as "I'm full, but there is a duplicate behind that isn't". Fortunately, I was right!

4. Re: Travel to Besalu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:24 am, October 15, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Besalu