We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on getting to Parador Aaglabava

Metamora, Illinois
Level Contributor
8 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on getting to Parador Aaglabava

We are spending our 25th anniversary in Spain. We found the perfect place: parador Aiglabava. We are flying in from Chicago, USA. What is the best way to get there? If we fly into Barcelona, is thare a train to Begur? I would appreciate any advice. Thank you.

Vani

BARCELONA.SPAIN
Level Contributor
1,717 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on getting to Parador Aaglabava

Hola Vani,

I am afraid there is no train going to Begur, the line goes inland leaving the Coast in Blanes and going to Girona and then to Figueres.

If you are going by public transport, some opticon would be by bus:

www.sarfa.com/paginas/sarfa_portada.php…

You can change your departure point and data to see the options.

Hope to have helped.

Palafrugell, Spain
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on getting to Parador Aaglabava

If you're at Aiguablava for more than a few days, then a car would be recommended to be able to get out and explore the villages around.

By public transport, there are a number of options. All the options involve Sarfa on the link Jose Antonio gave. The Sarfa buses are all comfortable coach type travel.

Sarfa has a direct bus from Barcelona Airport to Begur twice a day. From Begur it's either a taxi or in high summer there may be a shuttle bus.

For a more frequent service, the Sarfa bus from Barcelona Airport to Palafrugell runs 5 times a day. Then taxi from Palafrugell (taxis are just outside the bus station).The taxi journey is about 2-3km longer than from Begur.

The third, slightly more convoluted option, but with more connections would be to go via Girona. Take the airport train to Barcelona Sants and then change to either the AVE fast train or a regular train to Girona. The train station at Girona is also the bus station and there is then a bus every hour or so to Palafrugell.

Bristol
Level Contributor
398 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on getting to Parador Aaglabava

The previous 2 posts give your best travelling options, though I agree with Saul that hiring a car would be best unless you plan to stay in the hotel the whole time.

You can hire a car at BCN or alternatively from the train station at Girona, though this would have to tie in with your return journey, and there are quite a few lovely villages and coves to visit within 20 mins drive.

Taxis will be quite expensive

Metamora, Illinois
Level Contributor
8 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice on getting to Parador Aaglabava

Thank you for the advice. I was thinking the Paradore would be a romantic place for our anniversary. Having read more reviews and seeing the complications to getting there, I think I should look elsewhere. We will be just arriving in Spain, so I am not sure I want to rent a car.

What do you think of Valencia?

5. Re: Advice on getting to Parador Aaglabava

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, January 11, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Begur