We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Laundry

Which Begur hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
146 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
Laundry

We are renting a villa and have to bring our own towels. I have just realised that there is no washing machine in the villa and I was therefore wondering if there is a laundry place in Begur or nearby so that we do not have to bring so many towels.

Girona, Spain
Level Contributor
748 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Laundry

Hi Musken,

There's a laundry in Palafrugell that I use; they're very good and inexpensive. Trying to explain how to get there is another matter! If you want to contact me when you get here I can draw you a map, or, if I'm going to laundry, show you where it is.

Hope that helps!

Denise

Level Contributor
146 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Laundry

Thanks Denise,

I have your number so I will get in touch when we are there and in desperate need of clean towels. :-)

Level Contributor
146 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Laundry

I read a bit better, and it seems there is actually a washing machine in the villa. Must be the sudden heat here in northern Europe that made me oversee that in the first place.

Girona, Spain
Level Contributor
748 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Laundry

Glad to hear that you have a washing machine!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Laundry

Denise: I saw your response and wondered if you could you give me some idea where this laundromat is in Parafrugell? We are in Aiguablava and desperate to get a huge bag of laundry done - happy to do it by ourselves if we can find machines or leave it to be done by someone else. THanks for any help.

Knaresborough and...
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Laundry

we have egyptian cotton sheets which are easy to wash but a nightmare to iron. We use the laundray below the estate agents at Mas Comangu - really friendly, speak English and good value

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Laundry

In the course of trying to get our 10 days worth of laundry done while we were staying at the parador in Aiguablava, I received information from a sweet lady named Denise in Begur about how to find a certain laundromat in Palafrugell, and lo and behold, we found it and the owner Angela, speaks excellent English and could not have been more gracious. If you can find the tourist office right by the bus station, stop and ask them for a map. It is only two blocks from there on c de. Bailen St. "Angela" (that is how the tourist office knows her) will even press pants and shirts and get everything back to you the same day.

The best news from my posting was hooking up with Denise who offered us the free advice. I told her she could be my new best friend after she told me, if Angela would not do our laundry, rather than letting me to it in our tub, I should bring it to her home in Begur and run it through her washing machine. A total stranger mind you.

I then found out that she owns a house overlooking the sea in Begur that she rents out and she also will cater meals for you. You can check them out at either of these two sites <www.lapinedabegur.com> & <www.holiday-rentals.co.uk> property no. 57281 Denise taught school in England for 30 yrs. and now lives full time in Begur and could only be the most delightful hostess. I cannot wait to return and stay there and meet the woman who saved me from drowning in laundry. Mo Winograd from NYC

8. Re: Laundry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, November 28, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Begur