We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling to Begur on a Sunday via Train/Bus

samm65
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Travelling to Begur on a Sunday via Train/Bus

Hi there,

I wondered if anyone could offer me some advice please.

I am travelling with my husband and daughter to Sa Punta, Begur in August.

We fly to Barcelona and are doing a few different places along the way using the trains before basing ourselves in accomoodation in Sa Punta, Begur where we will be joined by my sister and her husband.

I have looked at both the train and the bus to Girona and Flaca and bus connections from Girona to Palafrugell from Girona/Flaca.

We will be hiring a car but are hoping to hire one car with my sister and her husband (minimising those carbon footprints a little) but they do not arrive into Girona until late at night so ideally would like them to pick up the car at the airport. Which leaves us to reach the accommodation by public transport if possible.

Sorry this is so long winded, my questions therefore are (bearing in mind this will be Sunday travelling)

1 - Is it easy enough to find where we would catch a bus at Flaca? Do they come into the rail station? or is there a seperate bus stop?

2 - How much is a taxi approxiamately from Flaca to Begur?

3 - How much approxiamately is a taxi from Palafrugell to Begur? (The bus goes from Girona (via Flaca) to Palafrugell on a Sunday.

4 - Does anyone know a car rental company that hires on a Sunday in Flaca (assuming we get two cars)

5 - Does anyone know any car hire companies in Santa Susanna? - we will be there the night before as we have some kayakking planned - so travelling to Begur from there (again assuming we end up with two cars)

and finally! -

6 - How easy is it to get from the bus/rail station at Girona to the airport if we have to hire a second car from there?

Many many thanks in advance for any help or advice offered,

Sam x

Mentioned in this post
Begur
Begur
Costa Brava, Spain
Barcelona
Barcelona
Province of Barcelona, Spain
Girona
Girona
Province of Girona, Spain
Palafrugell
Palafrugell
Costa Brava, Spain
Santa Susanna
Santa Susanna
Girona, Spain
Level Contributor
748 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Travelling to Begur on a Sunday via Train/Bus

Hi Sam,

Just the morning as far as I'm aware. The market runs every day but is much reduced on other days; Sunday is the main day when there's not only food but clothes, household stuff too. I'm pretty sure the fish and meat (indoor) markets run every day too.

If you like markets and good fresh produce, you'll love it! :-)

Denise

samm65
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Travelling to Begur on a Sunday via Train/Bus

Thanks Denise!

Really can't wait now, so looking forward to being there and seeing Barcelona first.

Thanks for all your help and advice

Samantha

Mentioned in this post
Barcelona
Barcelona
13. Re: Travelling to Begur on a Sunday via Train/Bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, October 08, 2009