We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tapas bars

Level Contributor
146 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Tapas bars

We have really enjoyed typical tapas bars during previous visits to other parts of Spain. Are there any such that you would recommend in Begur or nearby villages? What are normal opening hours for such places? What are the typical tapas from this area?

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tapas bars

<<< What are the typical tapas from this area? >>>

Basically, none. Tapas are a recent trend in Catalonia. From people of the age of my parents (around 75 yo, born in this area), having tapas are still somewhat fun and a bit "foreigner" (nearly like when they go to a chinese restaurant, LOL). No kidding

However, this will not mean you may have excellent tapas places, not sure on Begur or nearby (been there, but can't remember now). Probbaly Basque-style "pintxos" places, that have become very popular (no wonder, they are usually good)

I just wanted you to know, to better avoid the tourist traps!

What is typical from the area for an informal meal is having a "torrada" (toast) of "pa amb tomàquet" (country bread rubbed by tomato and olive oil, and sometimes garlic) with ham, cheese or butifarra, fuet (local sausages) on top of it. Accompany with a glass of local wine (DO Empordà) and enjoy! Salut!

Level Contributor
146 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tapas bars

Sounds like a great alternative! :-)

Girona, Spain
Level Contributor
748 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tapas bars

Hi,

There are no particular tapas bars that I can recommend in Begur, but most restaurants do a few standards. I've heard that RAKU in Corca (on the way to Girona, about 20 mins drive) is fabulous, keep meaning to try it myself! I can recommend a couple of really good tapas bars in Girona; if you're interested get back to me for more details.

4. Re: Tapas bars

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, September 30, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Begur