We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging at Monument Valley

Atlanta
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Topic
Lodging at Monument Valley

Gouldingsand The View have been suggested for lodging at Monument Valley. We will be going in late June and there are four adults in our party.

Thank you.

Cliff Palace
Ancient Ruins, Historic Sites
Balcony House
Ancient Ruins, Historic Sites
Mesa Verde National Park
Points of Interest & Landmarks, Ancient Ruins, National Parks
Nederland, Colorado
Level Contributor
10,837 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging at Monument Valley

I think you meant to post this in the Utah forum...

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
18,429 posts
421 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodging at Monument Valley

As noted, better to post in Utah. Yes, Gouldings and The View are the only two hotels in Monument Valley. We prefer Gouldings; The View is right in the monument park so more convenient but harder to book and more expensive. Both are good.

Have fun.

Sydney
Level Contributor
50 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lodging at Monument Valley

Hi,

Don't know about Gouldings but we stayed at The View in January 2012 after doing a sunset tour of MV and loved it all. The hotel is certainly well named - the view is epic! I thought the hotel was very reasonably priced and if cost is a real concern I think four adults could share a room (we had 2 x queen sized beds for my husband and I and our two girls). The restaurant was also excellent - very generous portions at fair prices - I was impressed as they clearly have an extremely captive audience there and could almost charge what the want and people would still come but they choose not to which is great. At the end of the day there is nothing better than standing on your balcony and looking out over the Mittens - priceless. BTW I don't know how you're going to "see" MV but we toured with Larson from Navajo Spirit Tours (look on TA) and it was GREAT - well worth the money - we went into areas well off the beaten path, he played his Navajo flute in a natural stone amphitheatre and took us to all the best places for sunset shots. Exceptional service, highly recommended. Hope that helps!

PS. We were on a five week holiday from Australia and rate Monument Valley as one of the (many) highlights, it was wonderful.

4. Re: Lodging at Monument Valley

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 17, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Mesa Verde National...