We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton Atlanta for One Night?

Georgia
Level Contributor
431 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Hilton Atlanta for One Night?

I need to stay in the downtown Atlanta area for one night (for meetings the following day). The Hilton Atlanta was recommended. The property seems to have mixed reviews. I prefer to stay at Hilton properties due to being an HHonors member, but will consider other nearby properties if this place is not up to par. Thanks in advance!

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
18,261 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton Atlanta for One Night?

The Hilton is fine. It's a large conference hotel and gets a lot of wear and tear. There are other Hilton properties in downtown and more in Midtown.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
6,490 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton Atlanta for One Night?

You don't necessarily have to stay at a Hilton to take advantage of your HHonors benefits. There are half a dozen Hilton properties downtown - Hampton Inn, Embassy Suites, Doubletree, Home2Suites, HGI, etc. All of them are roughly in the same price range and are similarly rated - pick whichever one is most convenient for your plans.

-JimG

Georgia
Level Contributor
431 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilton Atlanta for One Night?

The Hilton Atlanta is closest to the location of the meeting. I checked out a few of the other properties in the Hilton family...but several of them would probably be too far to walk...so I would have to arrange transportation to the meeting. If the Hilton is fine for one night, then I may just stay there.

ETA: Thank you both for the feedback.

Edited: 10:13 pm, September 07, 2016
atlanta,ga
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, St. George Island
Level Contributor
3,658 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hilton Atlanta for One Night?

Check out Nikolai's roof restaurant while you're there

Georgia
Level Contributor
431 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hilton Atlanta for One Night?

I will do...I saw it mentioned a few times. I may go for apps and a drink if I don't do dinner.

6. Re: Hilton Atlanta for One Night?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, September 10, 2017