We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice/Safe Cinema in Atlanta

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
119 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Nice/Safe Cinema in Atlanta

Traveling with family/, mother,aunt, small kids. We would like to go to a nice/safe cinema while in Atlanta for the weekend, that's not in a rowdy area. Any suggestions?

atlanta ga
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice/Safe Cinema in Atlanta

what part of town will you be staying in ?

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,682 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice/Safe Cinema in Atlanta

Atlantic Station has a very nice cinema. The area has plenty of security but there may be heavy traffic just because it's a popular place. Phipps Plaza also has a nice cinema located inside an upscale mall.

During the day, I think Regal 24 is fine. It's a big theater with huge screens. But on weekend nights there are a lot of teenagers that. If that's what you mean by a rowdy crowd then it may not be your best bet.

I really prefer Atlantic Station.

Also, you might like the I-Max at the Fernbank Science Center for something different. Just make sure it's not Friday night Martinis and I-Max when you go or yours will be about the only kids there.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
119 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice/Safe Cinema in Atlanta

thanks, JAtlanta. I think we will give Atlanic Station a try.

Peachtree City...
Level Contributor
149 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice/Safe Cinema in Atlanta

It may be helpful to know that the parking is free at Atlantic Station for patrons of the cinemas. Be sure to take your parking ticket with you and stamp it in the theater lobby. We often see movies at Atlantic Station and enjoy the Atlanta location. Have fun!

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
90 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nice/Safe Cinema in Atlanta

Something different would be Buckhead Backlot at Tower Place. They have restaurant service at the seats (burgers, nachos and the like). They often have kids birthday parties at early showings.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,682 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nice/Safe Cinema in Atlanta

The only things I don't like about the Backlot are that no more than 2 people can sit at a table and that it is really loud and distracting to have people ordering food and waiters moving around during the movie. People tend to talk a lot in that theater too. However, the novelty factor is good and if it's not something you can do at home then your kids might think it's cool. It tends to show very mainstream blockbuster type movies.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
291 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nice/Safe Cinema in Atlanta

I would recommend Regal's Hollywood 24, Tara and Midtown Arts, Atlantic station has a decent theatre as well.

8. Re: Nice/Safe Cinema in Atlanta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 am, August 19, 2009