We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlanta - Greenville SC

Which Atlanta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,361 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Atlanta - Greenville SC

When I was a teenager (quite a long time ago!) I flew to Atlanta on my way to visit relatives in Greenville SC. They picked me up at the airport and it ended up taking us 9 hours to get to Greenvile because the car kept over heating and breaking down. I am contemplating a trip again and was wondering if someone could tell me how far it is from Atlanta to Greenville and how long the drive should take in a reliable vehicle? Is driving the best/only option for getting to Greenville from Atlanta?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Michigan
Level Contributor
426 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Atlanta - Greenville SC

140 miles 2 and a half hours

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,361 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Atlanta - Greenville SC

Thanks for that. I knew 9 hours was a lot longer than it should have been.

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,790 posts
1,134 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Atlanta - Greenville SC

it's actually closer to two hours depending upon where you leave from in altanta and your destination in greenville.

Grayson, Georgia
Level Contributor
428 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Atlanta - Greenville SC

It also depends on the time of day. Coming from the airport, up I-85 between 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. may add another hour to the trip time. But if you're driving that route on the weekends, during the work day or late at night, then 2-2.5 hours is definitely reasonable.

5. Re: Atlanta - Greenville SC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, August 23, 2009