We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fantasy Magic World

Savannah, GA
Level Contributor
35 posts
134 reviews
Save Topic
Fantasy Magic World

http://www.fantasymagicworld.com/

Has anyone been here? I see a Living Social deal an wanted to know if it was worth it or not to go. I have two boys 11 & 15.

Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
7,247 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fantasy Magic World

I saw a spot on TV about it. It look pretty extensive, but I haven't actually seen it and don't know anyone who has.

Savannah, GA
Level Contributor
35 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fantasy Magic World

So we bought tickets on livingsocial.com it was 2 adult unlimited passes for $48. There were 5 of us going. We showed up and there was a crew there taking down ALL the rides that were outside. We go inside, thinking that maybe it will still be neat. We were WRONG, they had a sign saying that the rides were down and that the lazer tag wasn't working, and carnival games were not working. There were some things that were open that cost extra. I looked in, and it was two booths with stuff for sale, some blow up figures and lights. It is a SCAM!!! As we're leaving I stopped to talk to one of the workers outside, he said that Gold Medal Show put up all the rides and stuff outside and when they went to get paid, the owner wouldn't pay them, so they were taking everything down. There was NO way I would pay for that crap. It was NOT AT ALL what was advertised. After fighting with living social and sending them pictures, I managed to get a refund. We traveled 4 hours for this crap and planned our day around it. My kids and I were VERY upset.

Lithia Springs...
Level Contributor
9 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fantasy Magic World

I'm so sorry for your experience, but Very appreciative that you shared your experience - you saved me.

Doesn't speak well of Living Social that they still have the deal going.

Edited: 8:17 pm, July 12, 2014
Savannah, GA
Level Contributor
35 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fantasy Magic World

I feel sorry about the people that paid for this. Living social said they will refund me, I've never had problems with them before. I'm trying to tell as many people as I can about this so they don't waste their time and money.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
5 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fantasy Magic World

Don't bother. The carnival "thrill rides" are gone, supposedly they were never paid by the promoter. Most of the Facebook reviews are fake and 90% of their Twitter followers are believed to be fake after performing an audit. I wouldn't go if it was free!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fantasy Magic World

It's closed, read an article where they took money from people for season passes and never opened.

…wordpress.com/2014/…

Saint Louis...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Fantasy Magic World

kmov.com/news/talkers/Family-bought-tickets-…

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
12,213 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fantasy Magic World

I hope that these people go after Living Social to get their money back.

Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
7,247 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fantasy Magic World

Newspaper article 8/22/14

gwinnettdailypost.com/news/…

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
5 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fantasy Magic World

They didn't last three weeks....the owner's claims of expected attendance were delusional cbs46.com/story/26332191/family-bought-ticke…