We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good restaurants, which attraction ?

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
613 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Good restaurants, which attraction ?

I am staying at the King-Keith House Bed and Breakfast in Inman Park and would like to know of good restaurants in this area. The neighborhoods I am interested in are Little Five Points and Virginia-Highland.

Also, I am trying to decide on something to do during the day. My potential choices are the MLK historic site, the Margaret Mitchell House and the Jimmy Carter Library. Any pros and cons ?

I am planning to see The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee at the Alliance Theater at the Woodruff. One of my friends saw this play in Chicago and highly recommended it.

Thanks,

Porc

Mentioned in this post
Inman Park
Inman Park
46 Reviews
Atlanta, GA
Virginia-Highland
Virginia-Highland
123 Reviews
Atlanta, GA
Margaret Mitchell House
Margaret Mitchell House
701 Reviews
Atlanta, GA
Chicago
Chicago
Illinois
Aviva by Kameel
$, Lebanese, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
Red Phone Booth
$$ - $$$, American, Bar
Bone's Restaurant
$$$$, American, Steakhouse
Calhoun, Georgia
Level Contributor
6,015 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good restaurants, which attraction ?

Hey Porc

You are here again? I can't remember. Have you been to the Oakland Cemetery yet? If not, please go.I need to look at the photos you posted.

Were you the same as the Texas Troll? I really have a terrible memory. Anyway, I am impressed by your research skills. I will definitely check out the play at the Alliance Theater.

If you have transportation consider Pura Vida. The chocolate brulee is one of the best desserts I have ever had.

Mentioned in this post
Oakland Cemetery
Oakland Cemetery
1,022 Reviews
Atlanta, GA
Texas
Texas
United States
Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
12,073 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good restaurants, which attraction ?

My favorite Atlanta restaurant, Rathbun's, is in Inman Park. The Krog Bar, a sister restaurant with light apps and great wine bar, is just next to Rathbun's. Rathbun's is by far my top pick in that area. www.rathbunsrestaurant.com They have a well-known pastry chef who makes this banana-peanut butter creme tart that is to die for.

Also in Inman Park, you might also consider Roman Lily Cafe (upscale comfort/cafe food in funky atmosphere - excellent service), Zuma (sushi), P'Cheen (Irish pub fare), Fritti (upscale, eclectic pizza in great hip scene), Pacific Kitchen (Cali cuisine), and Sotto Sotto (excellent Italian restaurant). For soul food during the day you might enjoy Son's Place.

While you're in that area you should investigate what's playing at Dad's Garage Theater. They do great comedy improv and comedic plays in a very relaxed atmosphere.

Mentioned in this post
Atlanta
Atlanta
Georgia
Rathbun's
Rathbun's
424 Reviews
Atlanta, GA
Inman Park
Inman Park
46 Reviews
Atlanta, GA
Sotto Sotto
Sotto Sotto
358 Reviews
Atlanta, GA
Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
613 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good restaurants, which attraction ?

Reinarubia,

Yes, I was a troll but I have changed my ways. I had a big trip last month and did spend 2 hours at Oakland Cemetery. Take a look at the pictures I took from my trip report. My favorite was the tomb that had the old man sitting in a chair on the top.

JAtlanta,

I will definitely eat lunch at Son’s Place after I arrive Monday morning. It looks like Dad's Garage Theater is not open on Monday or Tuesday. Sadly, I can only stay those 2 nights. Sotto Sotto and Rathbun's sound very interesting. Decisions, Decisions, Decisions.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Mentioned in this post
Oakland Cemetery
Oakland Cemetery
1,022 Reviews
Atlanta, GA
Sotto Sotto
Sotto Sotto
358 Reviews
Atlanta, GA
Rathbun's
Rathbun's
424 Reviews
Atlanta, GA
4. Re: Good restaurants, which attraction ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, August 13, 2009