We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

relocating from Ny to atlanta

Which Atlanta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
relocating from Ny to atlanta

Hi You all seem very helpful so I thought I would ask some advice. My husband and I are considering a move to Atlanta with our two year old son. How is the job market my husband is in fiber optics and I am an elementary teacher.

Also what area should we look at because we are planning a trip in the next few weeks to check out the area. Thanks a lot.

atlanta
1 post
Save Reply
51. Re: relocating from Ny to atlanta

Hello, I don't know about fiber optics or teachers, but the marketplace in Atlanta is incredible.

If you want to look intown; the entire Northeast quadrant of the cith is older leafy neighborhoods featuring bungelow housing. Many are on their second or third round or revovation. Housing priced from $250,000 to $2 million with the mean about $400,000 Single family detached.

Beautiful neighborhoods are Morningside, Virginia-Highlands,Ansley Park,Midtown,Emory. They all are near Piedmont Park. Atlanta's largest park. These are characterized by narrow lot traditional neigborhood plan.

NW Atlanta intown is dominated by Buckhead, Home of the Gouvenor's Mansion. Pershing Point, Collier Hills, Peachtree Battle, Tuxedo, Brookhaven. These houses are aligned on the west side of Peachtree Street.

Intown mansions are no longer exclusive to Buckhead; but no area has housing of such scale or heritage. Housing form $350,000 to $10 million. With the mean about $600,000

From Bungelow to Walled Mega Mansion

Public schools intown North are good to great. Many private school opportunities abound.

I have reared a daughter in-town. She and I love Atlanta with the intown in particular.

Rik Warren

Atlanta, Georgia
1 post
Save Reply
52. Re: relocating from Ny to atlanta

I have helped many people from up north make the transition to Georgia from New York going straight into their new home. Since I am a real estate agent with the state of Georgia I have extensive knowledge of the land here. There are many different areas to fit many different taste. Atlanta is what you make of it! So many beautiful sites. And if you have a family and your are transferring here then Atlanta has alot of activites for the family to grow together. Most of all NO SNOW!