We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public transport : Courtyard Atlanta Midtown/Georgia Tech

Which Atlanta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ajax, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Public transport : Courtyard Atlanta Midtown/Georgia Tech

I am planning to stay in Courtyard Atlanta Midtown/GeorgiaTech. Is the area safe to walk at night? Is it safe to take public transport at night alone? My flight lands very late and planning to take a taxi to the hotel but next day planning to take public transport to visit down town and other areas. Are there any subway pass or multiuse ticket. I will be staying from Friday to Tuesday.

Are there any good restaurants in the neighbourhood?

This is my first time to Atlanta and some one suggested to book midtown as it is better than down town. Thanks for all the help.

Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
5,341 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public transport : Courtyard Atlanta Midtown/Georgia Tech

The neighborhood is fine. For info on the MARTA transit system, look at www.itsmarta.com .

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
1,682 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Public transport : Courtyard Atlanta Midtown/Georgia Tech

I would look into other hotel options in Midtown closer to Piedmont Park. This one is very close to the interstate highway.

Edited: 11:43 pm, May 03, 2014
3. Re: Public transport : Courtyard Atlanta Midtown/Georgia Tech

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, May 05, 2015