We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlanta Airport hotel

Which Atlanta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lichfield, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
113 reviews
Save Topic
Atlanta Airport hotel

My wife and I are travelling from England in May, flying into Atlanta, then driving down to Charleston. Scheduled arrival is 19.30, with first night in Charleston the following day. Will need to pick up hire car from the airport and thinking of doing this straight away, so we can save time the following day. I understand that there is a shuttle to the car hire area, so anticipating being ready to go around 21.00.

So, will need a hotel for the night (with food) reasonably near to the airport. Or should we get some miles under our belt and get somewhere a bit further along? Any suggestions?

Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
5,212 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Atlanta Airport hotel

If you decide to begin your journey to Charleston immediately, the nearest decent hotels in that direction are at least 45 minutes away, so suit yourself. If you decide to stay in the airport area, pick a name brand 4 or 5 star hotel on Hotwire or similar service; there are several near the airport. Your drive to Charleston will be about 5 hours.

Lichfield, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Atlanta Airport hotel

Many thanks

georgia
Level Contributor
490 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Atlanta Airport hotel

Since you are arriving international, i would eat at One Flew South in the international terminal at atlanta airport. great food, then you can go get your rental car. I usually stay at renaissance concourse atlanta airport, it is very nice.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,232 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Atlanta Airport hotel

One Flew South is really, really good. Unfortunately though it's within the secured area of the airport and once you go through customs and immigration you'll be deposited outside of the secure area.

You may just want to eat at your hotel. I understand the hyatt had a decent restaurant. 5also in the airport area I like the Brake Pad, the Feed Store, or for something very casual Joes on Juniper.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
118 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Atlanta Airport hotel

By the time you clear customs and immigration, you may want to consider just getting a room near the Atlanta airport since it will be past midnight for your body. There are plenty of hotels around the airport and the more upscale ones will have restaurants (with typical hotel type menus). There are also several decent restaurants right around the airport. The Feed Store in College Park is pretty good and Spondivits on Virginia Ave is a crowded, loud, popular place that features mostly fried fish/seafood. Both palces are easy to find from any of the major hotels in the area.

If you stay in the airport area, you can get on the highway (I285) and head around to the city to I20 east without too much traffic

6. Re: Atlanta Airport hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 05, 2015