We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Midtown Restaurants for son's 21st birthday dinner?

Which Atlanta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Midtown Restaurants for son's 21st birthday dinner?

I'm would like to take son and about 10 friends to dinner at a fun restaurant near Midtown ATL to celebrate his 21st birthday. I'm looking for a place with a fun casual atmosphere, that's moderately priced, and that has a small private room we can reserve. Any ideas?

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,375 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Midtown Restaurants for son's 21st birthday dinner?

Private rooms are rare. Five Seasons might have private areas and I'm pretty sure Ormsby's does.

Two other restaurants that have private rooms but arent' my favorites are: Mi Cocina (I recently went to a party here and was underwhelmed by the food and the drinks) and Takorea (the food isn't all that).

A little outside of midtown, you could get a table for a group that size at either of my two favorite casual spots: Noni's and Mezcalitos (Grant Park location).

Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Midtown Restaurants for son's 21st birthday dinner?

Thanks, I will look into those. Really hoping to find something on the casual and inexpensive but fun, hip, trendy side. I'm sure it's hard to find that and a private area or room for 12-16 people.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
664 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Midtown Restaurants for son's 21st birthday dinner?

Open Table lists restaurants with private rooms, that might be helpful.

atlanta,ga
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, St. George Island
Level Contributor
3,068 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Midtown Restaurants for son's 21st birthday dinner?

fun is a relative term---to me its fun just to have a great meal with friends---- Priccis has several large private rooms--Im a classic Italian food guy so love their food---if you stick to basics,like pizza or pasta bill shouldnt be expensive-- their ossobucco is best in town.Jatlanta has her hand on the pulse of the fun scene,but thougth id give you an alternative from aprivate room view

Atlanta, Georgia...
Level Contributor
674 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Midtown Restaurants for son's 21st birthday dinner?

Shout might be fun. No private room, but they have booths that would accommodate a group - sort of a see-and-be-seen vibe.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
2,770 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Midtown Restaurants for son's 21st birthday dinner?

The Vortex. Check out their website first to make sure it's for you.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
1,685 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Midtown Restaurants for son's 21st birthday dinner?

The seating policy for large groups at the Vortex seems fairly strict:

www.thevortexbarandgrill.com/pages/midtown

Perhaps you can call and inquire.

Edited: 9:47 pm, February 22, 2014
8. Re: Midtown Restaurants for son's 21st birthday dinner?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, February 24, 2015