We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel selection in Atlanta

Which Atlanta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
MA
Level Contributor
81 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
hotel selection in Atlanta

we are flying into Atlanta in Sept. Then renting a car for travel to savannah and Charleston and back to Atlanta to fly home. We will be staying in Atlanta for 3 days on the 1st leg. Any suggestions for a hotel for that time (up to $180/nt.) We like walking, restaurants, historic architecture and antique shops and just great people watching. Thank you in advance for your

suggestions.

Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
5,341 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel selection in Atlanta

First, look at "Top Questions" on the upper right for discussions of the various neighborhoods. For what you want, I would first look look at Midtown or Decatur.

MA
Level Contributor
81 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel selection in Atlanta

Thank you. I did see that option and I think we will be leaning towards

midtown.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
152 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel selection in Atlanta

Look at vrbo.com for condos in downtown. They are cheaper than a hotel and you get free parking. Much more room with a livingroom and a patio for a view. Can't go wrong.

Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
5,341 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel selection in Atlanta

You can check out Decatur, where I live at www.visitdecaturga.com . We have a newly remodeled Marriott Courtyard, a very walkable downtown, and more places to eat and drink than you'll ever have time for.

5. Re: hotel selection in Atlanta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, February 17, 2015