We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for the best place to eat in Buckhead area.

Which Atlanta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Alabama
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
Looking for the best place to eat in Buckhead area.

My husband and I are staying in Buckhead for the weekend and are looking for a great place to have dinner for my birthday. We are trying to decide between Chops, Bones, Hal's on Ivey or The Abbey (if it is still around). Let me know which of these is best for steak and atmosphere. We are open to any other suggestions as well.

Calhoun, Georgia
Level Contributor
6,015 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Looking for the best place to eat in Buckhead area.

We prefer the Boi Na Braza Brazilian Steakhouse. It has a great salad bar and they bring about a dozen different meats around to your table. We gave gone there several times lately just to have a special meal.

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
1,620 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Looking for the best place to eat in Buckhead area.

As far as a large group, including children, the Atlanta Fish Market is pretty much kid friendly, especially earlier in the evening.

Alabama
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Looking for the best place to eat in Buckhead area.

Does anyone know how "New York Prime" compares to "Bones"? We had "New York Prime" suggested to us as well.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,369 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Looking for the best place to eat in Buckhead area.

Although some of its participants are a little touchy about being "watching" by those on other forums, atlantacuisine.com has a restaurant section that would be ideal for a question like this. I am a member of that message board, and I think atlantacuisine.com's participants have a lot of experience and expertise. There also are a large number of people who visit that board regularly, so you might get more input from that board than you would here.

I have never eaten at either of these restaurants, not being a huge steak eater, so I can only comment that I see New York Prime in all of the magazines like Skymiles, etc., touted as being the #1 restaurant in Atlanta, yet I don't know of anyone who's actually eaten there and have never seen a review.

Let's hope NY Prime's being the top-rated restaurant in Atlanta isn't the equivalent of Cynthia McKinney being Georgia's top-rated congressional delegate. (local humor)

Alabama
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Looking for the best place to eat in Buckhead area.

Thanks for the suggestion. Just posted there.

16. Re: Looking for the best place to eat in Buckhead area.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:22 am, August 12, 2009