We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice Please

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
250 reviews
Save Topic
Advice Please

Hi I am flying into Atlanta in April before heading off to the Masters in Augusta !

I am only in the city for 24 hours and would appreciate advice on the following:

- hotels recommended close to the airport

- Will not have a car as transport arranged in Augusta but any shuttle bus companies or advice recommended re travelling to and from augusta

- any sightseeing companies etc for a whistlestop tour of the city

Thank you

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
3,413 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice Please

- The hotels section of Tripadvisor is your best bet for finding a good hotel by the airport. I've used the Springhill Suites and I would recommend it for a 1 night stay, but there are plenty of other options.

- You can check as it gets closer to Masters time for shuttles. With as popular as the Masters is, I would guess there are shuttles set up just for the event.

- Tripadvisor also has a section for activities in the area that you can review to see what appeals to you. We don't have a Hop On/Hop Off bus like other cities.

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
12,480 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice Please

Atlanta does not have a HO/HO bus but it does have this -

http://www.atlcruzers.com/

atlanta ga
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice Please

i am confused, do you need transportation to augusta or not ? There is no public transportation that will get you there. there are some airport transportation companies that might get you there like Groom transportation. I would pick a hotel based on closeness to MARTA, or a hotel that has a free shuttle to the MARTA station, so that you can visit Atlanta cheaply. Look at the things to do tab on your left, as there are lots of things to see in Atlanta based on whatever your interests are. The Aquarium is the best bet, but there are lots of historical things to see (from civil war, to civil rights, to regular history), there is also great shopping, and tons of good restaurants.

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
12,480 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice Please

www.ezrideofaugusta.com/augusta.php…

Hourly departures between Augusta and Hartsfield airport in Atlanta

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice Please

Thank you for all the advice.

Re transportation yes I do need transport to Augusta and will follow up the advice above.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice Please

Re hotels forgot to ask what is the area known as around the airport ? Which of the 3 holiday Inn hotels is closest to the airport and best access for MARTA.

Thank you

Edited: 4:49 am, January 01, 2014
atlanta,ga
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, St. George Island
Level Contributor
3,185 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Advice Please

its a 21/2hr drive to augusta,id consider staying near Augusta and save having to get up very early for the drive we stay at White Columns Inn nearby usually . I can give you the "back" way of avoiding most traffic getting to Masters asyou get closer to the event.Make sure you read all the riles about cameras and cellphones.Might go on the Augusta TA forum for more info

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Advice Please

Thank you.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
665 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Advice Please

This page from the airport's website might be handy

atlanta-airport.com/Passenger/GroundTranspor…

It lists all the hotels that have a shuttle from/to the airport. You would shuttle back tot he airport to get on/off MARTA to go to/from the city.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
1,707 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Advice Please

I also recommend staying closer to Augusta.

Edited: 1:45 am, January 02, 2014