We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hertz Neverlost (Forever Lost)

Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
10 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Hertz Neverlost (Forever Lost)

Wow people never waste youe money with this GPS and I feel I am being polite calling it a GPS. This is the worst piece of technology I have ever use. I am use to using GPS' s and have used TomTom and Garmin before this Neverlost system I about 15 years behind them in development. Do not ever rent this with your Car Rental rather bring your own or buy one for the same amount you would paid for buying one. I called their help line alot

more that 4 times and the guys that where supposed to help also said they dont know how to get trips on usb and on to system as I even formatted my usb and and and. Dont get this system rather take your own its a waste of money.

atlanta,ga
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, St. George Island
Level Contributor
3,176 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hertz Neverlost (Forever Lost)

just use the NAV sysytem on a droid or Iphone--its much better than any car GPS system and free

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,465 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hertz Neverlost (Forever Lost)

I'm not familiar with trying to upload trips from USB (assuming you mean a jump drive? or are you tryign to connect the GPS directly to a computer via GPS?), but a smartphone isn't going to do that either. Seems like a rather complicate technical maneuver to attempt, not something I would expect of a basic GPS. And certainly not something I would get so worked up about.

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
12,428 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hertz Neverlost (Forever Lost)

Years ago I rented cars with NeverLost but as JAtlanta said, I use the app on my smartphone now.

Completely don't get the usb upload. Even if you do that on your personal nav device, why would a rental company allow you to do that on theirs? Seems risky for them and unnecessarily complicated for you.

Edited: 1:00 pm, December 27, 2013
New Jersey
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Hertz Neverlost (Forever Lost)

I travel for work, pretty much every week. I always get a Hertz rental for my trips, and even though I never use it I always get a car NeverLost. For the record, I use the NeverLost system for two situations: returning the rental & in the case that my phones dies and I can't charge it for whatever reason.

Hertz NeverLost is archaic; smart phones with GPS and Google Maps will ALWAYS get the job done. Honestly I have tested this on my last 5 business trips; I used BOTH (Android+GPS+GMaps and Hertz NeverLost) and there is simply no comparison to how much better Google Maps performs compared to NeverLost.

To note: NeverLost takes a considerable amount of time to locate a GPS signal. My last trip to Milwaukee, I was already halfway to downtown (from the airport) before NeverLost located a GPS signal. The POI are out-of-date; many cities are missing popular hotels; street names are butchered. This is not going to make me NOT rent from Hertz; quite frankly because this is business travel. Quite honestly; for personal rentals I would just use my smartphone; in any case, Hertz should strongly consider upgrading their NeverLost system.

5. Re: Hertz Neverlost (Forever Lost)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, April 12, 2015