We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlanta Airport Travel Advice please

Waterford...
Level Contributor
109 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
Atlanta Airport Travel Advice please

Hello. We will be traveling from TF Greene Airport in Providence, RI to Atlanta airport on 12/27/13. We arrive in Atlanta on Delta flight # 1112 at 9:01 pm. We have a 49 minute layover and need to catch Delta flight # 1229 by 9:50 pm. to West Palm Beach airport.

First, will we need to claim our bags and recheck them?

Second, is there any way to find out ahead of time which concourse we'll be on?

Finally, is this at possible for us to do in this short amount of time? It will be my husband, myself and our 10 year old daughter who will probably be exhausted this time of night. None of us have ever been to this airport but I know it's very busy and very big.

Any advice or suggestions would be truly appreciated. Thank you

Mentioned in this post
Providence
Providence
Rhode Island
Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
12,076 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Atlanta Airport Travel Advice please

Delta will check your bags through all the way to West Palm, so all you have to do it get off the plane and go to your gate. 49 minutes is enough time if your arriving flight is on time, but that late at night there's more of a chance of it being late. Delta would put you on the next flight if you did miss your connection, but I doubt there would be another flight that late, so it would probably mean spending the night in Atlanta. There's really nothing you can do about that at this point. Just don't dawdle.

Gate assignments change all the time so there's really no way of knowing which gate your departure flight week be assigned. Even if you know which gate it usually uses, still check the overhead boards to confirm when you arrive in Atlanta.

The airport is big but very efficient. If your next flight isn't on the same concourse, just take the Plane Train to your concourse and walk to the gate. It's really simple to navigate.

Waterford...
Level Contributor
109 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Atlanta Airport Travel Advice please

Thank you so much for your quick reply JAtlanta.. I feel less concerned now with the times. Just hope there isn't a delay.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
146 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Atlanta Airport Travel Advice please

Connections are easy at the Atlanta airport. Its really designed to move a lot of people from plane to plane pretty efficiently. And you can check Delta.com or the Delta smartphone app for gate information. If you check before you leave Providence, know that the gate may change. The app info is real time.

4. Re: Atlanta Airport Travel Advice please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 10, 2014