We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Aquarium day after Thanksgiving

Which Atlanta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Frederick, Maryland
Level Contributor
58 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting Aquarium day after Thanksgiving

We will be spending the Thanksgiving holiday in Atlanta and are thinking about visiting the aquarium on Friday. Does anyone know if the aquarium will be particularly crowded the day after Thanksgiving? When would be the best time to visit. The hours are 9 am to 9 pm.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,375 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Aquarium day after Thanksgiving

I can see that going either way. People may be out shopping or home watching football. Or they may be taking advantage of the day off school to go to the aquarium. This person reported crowds on Thanksgiving Day:

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g60898-d5887…

My advice is to get these as early as possible. If the 9am slot is available, take it. The crowds accumulate over the course of the day, so earlier is better. Also, book your Dolphin Tales times and get there well in advance to snag good seats, as that fills up.

Reserving aquarium tickets in advance is a MUST on a holidy.

Edited: 1:20 pm, November 25, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia...
Level Contributor
674 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting Aquarium day after Thanksgiving

I think it will be crowded. Go early, or go later in the day after the crowds start to head home.

3. Re: Visiting Aquarium day after Thanksgiving

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, November 28, 2014