We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlanta Aquarium - sea otters

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
49 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Atlanta Aquarium - sea otters

*Edit* should be Georgia Aquarium, sorry :)

The last two times I was in Atlanta I went to the Aquarium and loved it (2006, 2008)

I was reading the recent reviews as no one seems to mention the sea otters... they were my FAVOURITE part. Is the sea otter "display" not as good these days or are are the general public just not as into them as I am?

Ditto jelly fish...

on a side note, we'll be going on a Wednesday in October, what are the chances we'll get those ridiculous crowds people seem to whine about? (just so I can mentally prepare myself, we'll be getting advanced tickets anyway along with coca cola after other TA recommendations).

Edited: 12:16 am, September 27, 2013
Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
12,428 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Atlanta Aquarium - sea otters

I'm guessing that most aquariums have sea otters so folks rave about other features of the AO.

Weekday during the school year won't be too crowded. Go about 2. That will help ensure that school groups have left for the day and no after school groups have arrived. But it shouldn't be too crowded even with them.

Pay extra and watch the dolphin show.

http://www.georgiaaquarium.org/dolphin-tales/

atlanta,ga
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, St. George Island
Level Contributor
3,176 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Atlanta Aquarium - sea otters

dolphin show is now included in the admission tickets georgiaaquarium.org/acb/…category.aspx

agree getting there at 2 is good idea,or even get there later when the crowds thin out alot

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
49 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Atlanta Aquarium - sea otters

Thanks also for the 2pm tip. I would have thought getting in early was best but will aim for later the day instead.

Decatur, GA
Level Contributor
247 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Atlanta Aquarium - sea otters

though I haven't seen for myself I hear the sea otters are fantastic! though that does come from a friend who works taking care of them for the aquarium..... :)

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
450 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Atlanta Aquarium - sea otters

the 2 PM suggestion is a great one most of the field trippers are gone by lunch on the weekdays...

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
12,428 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Atlanta Aquarium - sea otters

I saw the otters this weekend. They are happy.

7. Re: Atlanta Aquarium - sea otters

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 15, 2014