We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking @ Courtyard Atlanta Downtown

forsyth ga
Level Contributor
3 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Parking @ Courtyard Atlanta Downtown

Is the parking safe @ Courtyard Atlanta Downtown. I read somewhere that they share parking with a public garage. Why the $25 valet fee. But besides that is it safe. Has anyone ever had their car broken into or damaged while parked at Courtyard Atl Downtown.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,847 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking @ Courtyard Atlanta Downtown

I parked in that lot regularly before the Courtyard was built, often returning to my car late at night. My coworkers and I never had any problems there. But, nowhere is completely safe so it's not as though we can guarantee nothing will happen. Giving your car to the valet makes the hotel responsible for any loss under most circumstances (it's a bailment). Be sure that there isn't anything valuable, or anything that appears like it could be valuable or could contain something valuable, visible in your car. Short answer - I would not be deterred from parking here because of safety concerns if it were my own car.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,847 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking @ Courtyard Atlanta Downtown

An interesting read on downtown safety:

https:/…email

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
14,644 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking @ Courtyard Atlanta Downtown

That's a great article, JAtlanta.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,847 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking @ Courtyard Atlanta Downtown

Yeah I find it difficult to believe that more than half the population lives downtown though.

forsyth ga
Level Contributor
3 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking @ Courtyard Atlanta Downtown

Thanks so much for your help

6. Re: Parking @ Courtyard Atlanta Downtown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, September 14, 2014