We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlanta Hartsfield-International terminal to South Terminal

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
7 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Atlanta Hartsfield-International terminal to South Terminal

Hi, I will be arriving on a Delta flight from London and will land at International Terminal. I have a connecting Delta flight which is scheduled to depart from the South Terminal as stated on my ticket.

How do I get from the International to Domestic Terminal? Do I use the Plane Train? Do I have to collect my baggage after landing at International before moving on to the South Terminal?

Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
6,296 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Atlanta Hartsfield-International terminal to South Terminal

Start by reading "What is the customs & immigration process when I arrive on an international flight?" in the Top Questions section at the right of this page.

Also note that flights at ATL arrive and depart from Concourses, not terminals. There are 2 international concourses as well as domestic concourses. Look at www.atlanta-airport.com .

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,807 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Atlanta Hartsfield-International terminal to South Terminal

There is a Top Question on the right (full site version not mobile version) that answers this exact question. Please review that.

The sorry answer though is yes you will use the Plane Train and you will have to collect and recheck your luggage as set out in the Top Question that stevedec cited.

Edited: 12:14 pm, August 19, 2013
3. Re: Atlanta Hartsfield-International terminal to South Terminal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, August 21, 2014