We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Augusta to Atlanta

Augusta, Georgia
3 posts
Save Topic
Augusta to Atlanta

I will be driving from Augusta to Buford on a Thursday evening. Google Map show a route that takes me to Rt. 585 around Atlanta. I would probably be there about 7:00 p.m.

Will I still hit Atlanta rush hour?

I saw another route that would have me take Rt. 17, then around Athens and so on.

Having heard the horror stories about Atlanta rush hour I'm tempted to take the more rural route.

Thanks

georgia
Level Contributor
490 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Augusta to Atlanta

Take the second route on google maps, 20 w and GA. 15 through athens...there is no hwy. 17 or 585, it is 15 and 285.

Augusta, Georgia
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Augusta to Atlanta

OK, thanks, I guess I read or typed the route incorrectly.

So, I guess I'd be better off taking the Rt.17 around Athens.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Augusta, Georgia
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Augusta to Atlanta

Just realized I did it again, I meant Rt. 15!!!!!

4. Re: Augusta to Atlanta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, August 07, 2014