We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

one week rentals, 20something sons in VaHi now

Which Atlanta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Virginia
Level Contributor
7 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
one week rentals, 20something sons in VaHi now

Our 22 year old has landed a job in Atlanta and has taken a one bedroom near older brother, age 26 in VaHi. Very happy about his being employed and about his life coming up in VaHi. have lived in Atlanta four times, once when I was a new college grad. We live 6 hours north now.

Anyway, recent college grad son will be fine re doing the work at his job but ihe is not experienced/something of a day-dreamer re city driving and has limited expressway driving. (he was raised in a sleepy town and his summer jobs have been in DC using the subway). Atlanta is such a Car City culture and requires a really engaged driver. We thought we might stick around for 5-6 nights moving him in and making a mini vacation with him before his job starts... while packing in tons of time with him driving with his father. We have our own friends in Atlanta as well who invite us to stay with them but I often wish we had a lead on a property that was more of an apartment for us with options of a one week lease. I have looked at Homewood Suites and so on. We have many friends our age to meet up with in town and would like our own space and the ability to meet up with friends or sons.

We usually stay at the ever positive Buckhead Wyndham Wingate on Piedmont. I have also enjoyed the Ponce de Leon B&B. Does anyone here have experience with studio or apts in Atlanta that can be leased a week at a time? thanks for your thoughts!

Edited: 10:14 pm, July 27, 2013
Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
11,345 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: one week rentals, 20something sons in VaHi now

vrbo.com

vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/…atlanta

2. Re: one week rentals, 20something sons in VaHi now

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 29, 2014