We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport pick up

N. GA
Level Contributor
475 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Airport pick up

I have actually looked at the Hartsfield site and don't wish to try the patience of the experts but I'd be so grateful for some help. Here we go:

Is there more than one area for picking someone up outside near baggage claim? That is, do I need to know the terminal where the plane is landing to determine which place they will be picking up their baggage and exiting?

I saw there is now a cell phone lot but the explanation of where it is doesn't make sense to me. I'll be coming from the north. Does anyone have the time to walk me through how to get there and then get to baggage claim ?

I made it there and home today for the drop off. Airports and Atlanta traffic are 2 of my least favorite things!

Thanks for any help offered.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,638 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport pick up

Coming south, when you take Exit 72 onto Camp Creek, you'll follow the roadway towards the South Terminal. There will be plenty of signs. Once the road branches, just on the right, you'll see the sign for the cell phone lot. You can wait there until you get the call from your guests.

If your guests are flying Delta, they'll pick up their baggage in the South Terminal. You can exit the cell phone lot, and follow the signs to Arrivals. All of the exit doors are numbered. I usually prefer to have the person I'm picking up just tell me what numbered door they're at. The main pickup area is just marked Arrivals.

There is also a sign and a lane leading to Lower Level, where you can also pick up your passengers. I prefer this, because it's FAR less crowded. It is for both arrivals and departures, and there's a Delta check-in counter down there. Your guests will have to take the escalator down from baggage claim to reach this area, if this is what you choose.

If their baggage is arriving at the north terminal you have 2 choices:

1) Have them walk to the other side of the terminal to exit at the south terminal (just across the atrium so a minimal walk); OR

2) You can leave the cell phone lot, follow the signs to exit the airport, follow the signs to reenter the airport, then follow the signs to the North Terminal, which is laid out just like the south terminal. This is probably a couple of miles of circling around though. It's probably easier if your people just walk to the South terminal.

If they didn't check bags, they can exit at either terminal, but tell them to go to the South one. It's well-marked inside the airport.

If they are arriving from an international destination, there's no cell phone lot at the international terminal (pr at least wasn't when I last checked) so we'll help you come up with another plan.

One more thought - you can go through this using this street view on Google maps to get a better feel for this.

N. GA
Level Contributor
475 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport pick up

Thank you so very much! You've really put my mind at ease.

atlanta,ga
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, St. George Island
Level Contributor
3,264 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport pick up

as usual JAtlanta is right on >id only add that if they have several large bags there is an elevator,just one in each Terminal, so they wont have to wrestle the bags --as you face the escalator, its to the left in the corner.It comes out at the base of the escalators

4. Re: Airport pick up

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 22, 2014