We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel

Which Atlanta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Alabama
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
hotel

Can anyone comment on this hotel good or bad? Country Inns and Suites by Carlson located in Lithia Springs. It is at 960 West Point Court. Is this an ok area to stay in? I would appreciate any help.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel

Having not stayed there myself, I don't know. The most recent review posted for that hotel was pretty positive. I haven't been over that way in a while but I do know many of the hotels around Six Flags (that area) tend to be rather sketchy.

Alabama
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel

The reason I was asking about this hotel is that I am looking for a hotel between there and the HIFI Amp theatre. This one is about a half a mile from the Springhill Suites Atlanta\ six flags. Someone had mentioned staying at the Springhill previously. Anyway, If ya'll have any suggestions, let me know. I have reservations for the Country Inn for one night but I can cancel up until 6 pm night of arrival. This is for a 21 yr old and a 16 yr old.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,440 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel

I am not familiar with either of those hotels, but would echo Peachyswan's comments regarding the neighborhood around Six Flags. It is not the nicest or the safest, and not somewhere I would want to stay. If you're looking to be south of the city, I would suggest you look for hotels around the airport.

Athens, Alabama
Level Contributor
3,869 posts
397 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel

The Country Inn and Suites you are asking about is just a couple of hundred yards from the Springhill Suites we always use when we go to Six Flags. The area around there seems to be reasonably safe and all the hotels look nice. I would wonder if the Country Inn isn't a little too close to the interstate for a quiet nights rest. I agree that the area right at the Six Flags exit is a little seedy and other than the Wyngate Inn I wouldn't recommend any of the others that are right at the park. In fact we've stayed at both the Days Inn and the Sleep Inn (once each and that was too many times) at the SIx Flags exit and I can tell you they are both absolute dumps. We haven't stayed at the Wingate but my sister did last year and said it was very nice and clean. The Wingate is the closest of the 3 hotels at the Six Flags exit and a very short walk so you could save the $15 SF charges for parking now.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,440 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel

$15 to park is outrageous! I could understand if Six Flags were in the middle of the city where parking spaces are scarce and valuable, but not at Six Flags. You might think about using MARTA, but at $1.75 a head each way, the cost with a large family would be about the same.