We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lake lanier beach?

Which Atlanta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
lake lanier beach?

Hi I am wanting to take my family swimming at lake lanier for the first time. I see there are many options...which beach is good for playing in the sand ,has restrooms and a playground? Or at least restrooms and sand. I don't mind paying a few bucks...however I dont want the lanierworld . Thanks! :)

atlanta,ga
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, St. George Island
Level Contributor
3,068 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: lake lanier beach?

if not Lanier Islands we like Sawnee park heres link to all the parks lakelaniermaps.com/Lake_Lanier_Parks_Map.html

They have 2 swimming areas--one where you come in which is pretty big and near bathrooms and one a little walk into the park-From atlanta take 400 to exit 14 and take 20 east drive several miles until you pass over the chatahoochie, then make a left at the big texaco station on thje left.Take it to Buford dam rd, make a left--the park is the 2nd park on the right after you go over the dam.ill look up the name of the first road you turn onto from 20

atlanta,ga
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,068 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: lake lanier beach?

PS the left turn off 20 is Suwanee Dam Rd--then to Buford Dam rd--make left go oiver the dam its the second park on right

2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: lake lanier beach?

Oh thanks. That one sounds nice. is there a park Entrance fee?

atlanta,ga
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,068 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: lake lanier beach?

its nominal like $5 or so-im over 65 so i get in for free

5. Re: lake lanier beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 24, 2014