We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buford Highway

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
195 reviews
Save Topic
Buford Highway

Coming in tomorrow around lunchtime. I want to see the Buford Highway Farmers Market and grab lunch at a nearby ethnic eatery. Authentic and inexpensive is best. Something you can't get in Anytown, USA.

Any can't miss and/or must see eateries here? I know it's filled of good stuff--more looking for a recommendation from a resident poster or a DE.

Websites, thoughts, reviews, et al would be appreciated.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,847 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buford Highway

Hi, Ben, check out the Inexpensive Eats FAQ on the right. At the bottom there's a brief discussion of Buford Hwy restaurants. Those are my favorites. In addition to those if you want high end more exotic sushi in a small setting I also recommend Sushi House Hayakawa.

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buford Highway

Thanks!

atlanta ga
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buford Highway

There are three episodes of this PBS TV series where a rather unusual host visits some of Atlanta's hidden restaurant gems. I believe it is episode two where he visits some Buford Hwy establishments. Note that you can find "everything" near Buford and I-285 but most of the signage is not in "english", so do a little homework. http://www.getdeliciousatlanta.com/, unless you are fluent in other languages.

Georgia
Level Contributor
2,838 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buford Highway

Great Dimsum at the Conton House on Buford highway. I thinki its about 3miles away from the farmers market, if I'm thinking of the right place.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,847 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buford Highway

All of the places I mentioned have English signage and menus.

atlanta,ga
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, St. George Island
Level Contributor
3,365 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buford Highway

By far Gu's bistro us best in city family owned its just outside 285 in buford. Behind chic filet Like 3 minutes off 285. Check it out in urbanspoon. It's szechuan. Also like Canton house for dim sum

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
1,982 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buford Highway

Ben P, where did you decide to go today?

Edited: 12:05 am, June 20, 2013
8. Re: Buford Highway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:09 pm, October 16, 2013
Edited: 12:09 pm, October 16, 2013
9. Re: Buford Highway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 22, 2014