We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time visit

Alabama
Level Contributor
17 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
First time visit

My husband and I will be staying over night for a Braves game on May 29th. We want to stay in area that is close to good restaurants/shopping with a price of around $100-120/nt. I was looking at Wingate by Windham in Buckhead but wasn't sure about the ease of transportation to Turner Field. Is there a Marta station close by? Or should we drive to the stadium?

atlanta,ga
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, St. George Island
Level Contributor
3,207 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time visit

May 29th??

Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
5,779 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time visit

Assume you mean June 29th.

First, look at "Attending a Braves Game at Turner Field - What Should I Know?" at the upper right.

Next, I would look at Midtown rather than Buckhead - probably less expensive, more moderate priced eating choices and good MARTA access.

And, look at "Should I stay in Downtown, Midtown, or Buckhead?" and

"Where should I stay if downtown, midtown, and Buckhead hotels are too expensive?" Perimeter might also be a choice with a large mall nearby and good choice of eating places.

That said, I also am partial to Decatur, where I live. We have a recently renovated Marriott Courtyard and plenty of little shops and restaurants. www.visitdecaturgeorgia.com

Be sure to look at www.itsmarta.com .

Alabama
Level Contributor
17 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time visit

sorry, yes June 29th, lol.

Alabama
Level Contributor
17 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time visit

I can't access those topics in the corner on my phone.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,525 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time visit

Click where it says "Full Site" just after this message and it will take you out of the mobile version.

6. Re: First time visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 18, 2014