We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buckhead to MLK Site

Seattle
Level Contributor
301 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Buckhead to MLK Site

Thinking of visiting the MLK site during the day. However I am on my own with a 6 month old in a stroller and infant car seat. Was thinking of taking MARTA. Looks like the least walking would be to GOLD --> BLUE and get off at king memorial and 0.6 mile walk. What do you think? Worth the hassle to visit on my own and baby? Is it safe?

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,715 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buckhead to MLK Site

The walk is safe enough but looks rather seedy and you'll see homeless people around. They might hit you up for money, or just ramble at you, so think about whether than will make you uncomfortable with kids. Also, streetcar construction makes Edgewood and Auburn Ave a little tough to navigate. With kids, I'd probably take MARTA to Peachtree Center and take a cab to MLK. If you do that, take the number of a cab company or have the Uber app handy so you can get one for your return, as they don't roam the streets in this area.

Seattle
Level Contributor
301 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buckhead to MLK Site

Thanks! I think id be okay by myself but I'll think about it more going with a kid. Thanks :)

3. Re: Buckhead to MLK Site

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 30, 2014