We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlanta hotel for family near airport

Blacksburg, Virginia
Level Contributor
8 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Atlanta hotel for family near airport

I am looking for a family friendly hotel in Atlanta. We have an overnight there b/c of our flight schedule. If anyone knows of a nice one that has free airport shuttle and is close to some restaurants and activities or MARTA, I would really appreciate it. We will not have a car.

Thanks!

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,525 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Atlanta hotel for family near airport

Every airport hotel has a shuttle. You can search on expedia etc to see what appeals to you, then look on the tripadvisor hotel reviews and sort by the airport area to view their ratings.

Decatur, GA
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
5,766 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Atlanta hotel for family near airport

Airport hotels are basically islands with not much in walking distance. I'm sure the major ones all have shuttles. Check out some of the reviews.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
665 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Atlanta hotel for family near airport

This page from the airport's website may be helpful.

All the hotels it lists have shuttles.

atlanta-airport.com/Passenger/GroundTranspor…

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
1,744 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Atlanta hotel for family near airport

Alternatively, stay at a hotel in midtown, downtown, or Buckhead which are accessible by public transit. The Marta train is available at the airport. These areas will offer a multitude of dining options. However, restaurants are very limited by the airport hotels, which truly are islands.

Edited: 1:25 am, May 20, 2013
Punta Gorda, Florida
Level Contributor
2,622 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Atlanta hotel for family near airport

The area around the airport is a tad sketchy. Heck, It's alot sketchy. Make sure you get your food to go and have a picnic in the hotel. I work in a psychiatric hospital very near there and would never stay in one of those hotels if I could help it.

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,938 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Atlanta hotel for family near airport

We've stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites on Camp Creek Parkway. They have free airport shuttle 24/7, suites are very nice, the staff is awesome. The hotel is located across a busy highway from a large shopping area with many restaurants, hotel will shuttle you over there OR there's a couple of eateries right in front of the hotel.

7. Re: Atlanta hotel for family near airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 23, 2014