We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need restaurant for celebration dinner

Which Atlanta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
203 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Need restaurant for celebration dinner

We need a restaurant to take the out-of-town visitors to when they come for my kids' college graduation on May 11. None of those we normally go to seem special enough. Ethnic food would be OK, although one of our guests is not very adventurous. This will also be a celebration dinner for the 2 graduates, but the price needs to stay at about $35 or less per person. We would be happy to travel to downtown/midtown Atlanta, Brookhaven, Marietta, or anywhere in Gwinnett. The priority is good food. Any recommendations?

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
203 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Need restaurant for celebration dinner

I appreciate all suggestions, including the Cheesecake Factory. For this dinner, I think we will probably go to Atmosphere-- reviews are good and both grads will be going to Paris soon, so French food will make it a nice "bon voyage" dinner for them too, and the location will work well with the other things planned that day.

atlanta,ga
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, St. George Island
Level Contributor
3,026 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Need restaurant for celebration dinner

consider Le Patite Maison on roswell rd.Family owned by French couple,very good food,country French,reasonableprices for French food--outside eating if nice out

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
203 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Need restaurant for celebration dinner

I want to thank everyone who made restaurant recommendations. We ended up going to Atmosphere for the reasons listed above and everyone loved it! I had a couple of minor quibbles--seating was crowded and I thought the escargot needed more flavor--but it was otherwise outstanding. We ended up splitting their least expensive sparkling wine ($40), since a bottle of real champagne would have been $70 and I was trying to keep costs down. Then someone else at the table insisted on paying, so I don't know what the overall total was. But it is our new favorite restaurant and we will be returning for (very) special occasions.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,232 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Need restaurant for celebration dinner

So glad you enjoyed it. They have a great brunch too. I like the chicken and mushroom crepes and the fries are insane. Thanks so much for reporting back.

Sugar Land, Texas
Level Contributor
2,606 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Need restaurant for celebration dinner

Canoe for sure or JCT Kitchen.

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
10,859 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Need restaurant for celebration dinner

Peaches, the party's over ^^

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,232 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Need restaurant for celebration dinner

The OP has already had her celebration dinner, and reported back on it (they went to Atmopshere and liked it). Thanks for participating in the forum and please do keep visiting, but just as a pointer it is usually helpful to read all the way through before responding. That way, the thread doesn't get revived with more and more suggestions in the weeks and months after an event has already occurred.

18. Re: Need restaurant for celebration dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 22, 2014