We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental w/ no deposit

Which Atlanta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fayetteville
Level Contributor
545 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Car rental w/ no deposit

Is there a cheap car rental place in Atlanta that doesn't have a steep deposit or no deposit to rent? We are over 25.

Calhoun, Georgia
Level Contributor
6,012 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car rental w/ no deposit

My experience with car rental is they require a credit card on file. I had a friend who specifically got a credit card in her name so she could rent a car on vacation. I doubt any company is going to rent a car without a deposit to protect themselves.

Fayetteville
Level Contributor
545 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car rental w/ no deposit

Thanks. i have been checking around and I did find a rental car place with only a $100 deposit that is returned when the car is returned.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,211 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car rental w/ no deposit

Priceline has some sort of arrangement for people w/o credit cards where they put a hold on your debit card for like $200-300 and release it when you return the car. It's essentially a deposit, but it doesn't require a credit card.

4. Re: Car rental w/ no deposit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:36 am, August 15, 2009