We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants near Marta lines from ATL airport?

Which Atlanta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
522 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants near Marta lines from ATL airport?

Hello! We are staying at the Renaissance at the ATL airport for the final four. The hotel offers a shuttle to the Marta line which made it the best choice for our last minute plans! (Nothing like waiting until the last minute to book!)

Anyhow - can anyone recommend some restaurants near the Marta line that would be easy to get to? BBQ. Italian. American. Whatever!

We have some lunches (sat, sun, mon) and a dinner on Sunday to try and figure out!

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks.... And GO ORANGE!

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,321 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants near Marta lines from ATL airport?

I'd suggest going north of downtown, which will be insanely crowded, to midtown, which will only be moderately crowded. You have many options there for more casual dining. My picks would be: Vortex, Cypress Pint & Plate or Proof & Provision. Other options are: Taco Mac, Hudson Grill, TAP, El Escorpion, Gordon Biersch. For something more upscale, Empire State South.

Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta, Savannah
Level Contributor
11,097 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants near Marta lines from ATL airport?

I agree with JAtlanta about going to Midtown via MARTA.

Some of my favorites in the area -

Thai - Tamarind Seed at Peachtree and 14th at Colony Square

For patio/outside dining - Einstein's at 12th and Juniper

Sports bar/ wings/huge beer selection - Taco Mac on Peachtree, between 8th and 10th

For wide menu range, good food and good beer - Gordon Biersch, on Peacthree and 6th

For southern cooking - Mary Mac's - 3 blocks off Peachtree on Ponce de Leon

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
664 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants near Marta lines from ATL airport?

These are the MARTA stations that will be most relevant, so you can cross check restaurant suggestions on the map

Five Points, Peachtree Center: avoid because of game crowds

Midtown (stations shouldn't be called by generic neighborhood names) and Arts Center for the many good Midtown restaurants

Lindbergh has moderate to fast-casual food clustered between the station and Piedmont and in the Home Depot shopping centered across Piedmont - Five Guys, Tin Drum, Waffle House

To the northwest/North Springs line: Buckhead station

To the northeast/Doraville line: Lenox.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
522 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants near Marta lines from ATL airport?

Thanks! I will look these up when we get to the hotel for sure. Great information!

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,321 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants near Marta lines from ATL airport?

Have a good trip. And good luck with the game. I have no real dogs in this fight, but if both you and Louisville make it to the finals, I take the big prize in my bracket pool :)

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
522 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants near Marta lines from ATL airport?

Good luck!! :) and what about a good BBQ in this town? Smoked turkey... Green beans... BBQ beans.... Smoky sweet and hot sauces.... I miss texas BBQ - maybe the ATL has something to offer? Ideas?

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,321 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants near Marta lines from ATL airport?

BBQ is always a hot topic, no pun intended. My favorite is Fox Brothers, which is an easy walk from the Inman Park MARTA station (you might enjoy walking around Little Five Points while you're in the area). It is extremely popular and always crowded, but the waits are never that long. You'll notice construction out front, but it is open for business.

Community Q and Heirloom BBQ are also excellent, but difficult to reach with just MARTA.

Moe's in midtown is good, but not in the same class as the 3 above.

New York City, New...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants near Marta lines from ATL airport?

good

9. Re: Restaurants near Marta lines from ATL airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, April 07, 2014