We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlanta with kids

Which Atlanta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Atlanta with kids

We will be flying to Atlanta and staying near Scottish Rite Children's Hospital. We won't have much time for fun activities, but I would sure like to hear any suggestions people may have for good things to do with a 3 and 7 year old. Thanks for you help!!

south
Level Contributor
235 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Atlanta with kids

We plan to spend an afternoon at the Botanical Gardens at Piedmont Park.... it was recommended by a local on this board. There is an outdoor sculpture exhibit right now.

Roswell, GA
Level Contributor
385 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Atlanta with kids

You didn't mention if you will be renting a car or not. If so, you're less than a 5 minute drive to Perimeter Mall for shopping. You are also right off I-285 which is the perimeter highway around Atlanta. Scottish Rite is half way between Stone Mountain to the east or American Adventures Park to the west. American Adventures is a wonderful indoor and outdoor playground tourist park for the 3 - 9 year olds. Both AA and SM are about a 30 minute drive from the hospital. Stone Mountain is a complete day but might be too much for the kids. There is also a great playgound near the hospital at the corner of Hammond Drive and Glenridge. (I'm not sure if it's Glenridge or not but the hospital can direct you there) You are also close to a MARTA station if you plan to use the train. You can take MARTA down town to the Centennial Olympic Park and let the kids play in the the water fountains. It's totally free and the kids will have a blast. Bring a picnic lunch and a change of clothes and a couple of towels and they'll have a blast.

Atlanta, GA
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Atlanta with kids

We have a new Georgia Aquarium that just opened in November. It can be a little pricey but it is well worth the money. I'm not sure how far this would be in comparison to the hospital. It is right beside Centennial Park. If you are planning on visiting, I would suggest getting online and purchasing tickets ahead of time. I'm sure this summer is going to be busy and they only allow so many people in...so I hear. My children thought it was amazing and can't wait to go back. We spent about 4 hours there. We would have spent more but they were closing. It is worth checking in to. Enjoy!

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,232 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Atlanta with kids

The Imagine It Children's Museum is fun, probably more so for your younger child. Centennial Park has interactive water fountains that my 3-year-old niece loves. Piedmont Park is always a fun, free option. There are tons of playgrounds all over the city - Centennial Park, Piedmont Park, Virginia Highlands, Ansley Park, Inman Park, etc.

5. Re: Atlanta with kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:35 am, August 14, 2009