We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help With Concert Trip

Which Atlanta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Elba, Alabama
1 post
Save Topic
Help With Concert Trip

Hey! This week a few friends and I are going to Atlanta for a concert...the thing is...we're all basically teenagers, besides my mom....I've been to Atlanta before on trips, but never without a big group of people with me. We're going to the bayside concert at a bar (?) called Masquerade (??) and I think I've pretty much got the hotel covered (Castleberry Inn?), but I'm not really sure what we could do to occupy our time when we're not at the concert. We're only staying the night, but we wanted to pack a lot into our trip...but, for cheap. I've already been to the Coke Factory and it was fun, but I'm not sure what to do other than that. I know not to go to Underground Atlanta...b/c it isn't fun...but, where else is there to go that's cheap?

Calhoun, Georgia
Level Contributor
6,015 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help With Concert Trip

What is really is cheap is to do a search in the search box under the green stipe. Put in the box your interests. I suppose if you wanted to just go around window shopping Lenox Square is cheap if you don't buy anything.

I've been to Masquerade before. It is in Midtown. Basically, everything is going to cost you something to go to.

There has been a recent thread about cheap places to eat. Look for that thread in the recent pages.

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,794 posts
1,169 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help With Concert Trip

six flags has a new roller coaster tha looks awesome for the free way

Calhoun, Georgia
Level Contributor
6,015 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help With Concert Trip

That would be fun for teenagers. I don't know if that qualifies for their definition of cheap, though. White water would be a lot of fun too. That costs money, also.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
11,438 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help With Concert Trip

I think you'd have fun just walking around the malls - especially Lenox Square and Phipps Plaza. Yes, the stores there are pretty expensive but walking around and looking is the best part anyway. Also, you might like walking around Piedmont Park, which is a beautiful park with interesting people- and dog-watching. I would also suggest that you walk through Little Five Points, a more bohemian area with lots of unique shops, as well as the Virginia Highlands, another neighborhood with cute boutiques. L5P has a great outdoor restaurant, the Brewhouse, which has excellent, inexpensive food and a huge patio perfect for people watchign. This neighborhood has people from all walks - bikers, mohawks, yuppies, everything.

I have no experience with the Castleberry Inn, but would suggest that you read the Tripadvisor reviews to make an informed decision. Although people who are disgruntled are more likely to write a review, so often there are more bad reviews than good, I would be concerned over a hotel with those reviews.

Roswell, GA
Level Contributor
385 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help With Concert Trip

There's a fun place in Roswell on Alpharetta Highway (Highway 9) just north of Mansell Road called Andretti's. It's an indoor racetrack & arcade joint. My teenager had his birthday there a couple of years ago and loves going back with friends. You'll need a car to get there from downtown Atlanta.

6. Re: Help With Concert Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, August 13, 2009