We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlanta in October

Clifton Park,NY
Level Contributor
729 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Atlanta in October

Myself and 4 of my friends are considering coming to Atlanta for a convention in October. We are all in out mid 50's. We love good food and drinks,history,culture. Is Atlanta a good place for all of that? If we stayed somewhere near the convention center,would we need too rent a car or is public transportation good to get around? Is it safe? What kind of day trips are possable?

Thanks for your help.

Lucy's Market
Farmers Markets
Winery Journeys
Horseback Riding Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Kayaking & Canoeing, Wine Tours & Tastings
Georgia Wine Tours
Wine Tours & Tastings
The Regent Cocktail Club Atlanta
Bars & Clubs, Dance Clubs & Discos, Wine Bars
Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Atlanta
Level Contributor
12,074 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Atlanta in October

Which convention center? Do you mean Georgia World Congress Center?

Generally speaking, the answer to your question is yes, and October is a great time to visit. I'd suggest starting off my doing a little ground work, reading the Top Questions (which address some of your questions) and reading the Things to Do tab. You can also run searches in this forum for previous discussions using the search bar at the top of this forum. If you have more specific questions, feel free to pose them.

Mentioned in this post
Georgia World Congress Center
Georgia World Congress...
501 Reviews
Atlanta, GA
2. Re: Atlanta in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 15, 2014