We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Our Family Uncovers Expedia/WooGo Vacation Fraud - tonight...

Which Atlanta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Our Family Uncovers Expedia/WooGo Vacation Fraud - tonight...

Hello Neighbors!

In Atlanta on WAGA, Fox news @ 10PM airs another segment on WooGo's ongoing hotel fraud.

I am a recent tourist to NYC who's family has fallen victim to one of Raz Ofer's illegal "hotels". I was so outraged about how our family was defrauded and how tenants were being illegally evicted that I began a campaign to stop Ofer and his WooGo company.

My efforts are documented at www.WooGone.com (aka WooGoSucks.com) -- a website I publish.

We have been successful in getting some of these properties removed from Expedia, and I'm working on Orbitz as well as with other media and government to stop what seemingly has been going on for years.

Thanks to FOX for picking up our story. Please tune in!

Since we were interviewed by FOX, many more discoveries have been made, so what you see is only a tip of the iceberg. Check the site for the full story. Thanks!

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Our Family Uncovers Expedia/WooGo Vacation Fraud - tonight...

If you missed this, I have the segment on our stite at www.WooGone.com in the "News and Resources"

Texas
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Our Family Uncovers Expedia/WooGo Vacation Fraud - tonight...

I saw your clip in the internet. I'm not surprised to hear EXPEDIA didn't do anything to help you. I also had a horrible experience using EXPEDIA that I decide to run a site to alert as many people as I can about how EXPEDIA lies and cheat customers. Please read my case at : http://www.victimsofexpedia.com

I don't know if this comment is going to be publish since tripadvisor belongs to the same owners. ANyway, I try.

Fayetteville
Level Contributor
545 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Our Family Uncovers Expedia/WooGo Vacation Fraud - tonight...

I am sorry for what your family has gone through. My advice to anyone, if you have family or friends that live where you are visiting ask them to check a place out before you arrive. I am so wary of booking anything online. We booked a hotel through priceline in Biloxi one time and our room wasn't what it should have been either. All these companies are really taking advantage of people. Especially the ones who have never visited a particular city. Just to let anyone know, we stayed at the Shoney's Inn. Our bed was very lumpy, the room smelled and we even had to clean the tub before we showered. No, we could not get another room, because we had already paid for this room and they said there was no rooms available. I say, YEAH RIGHT. This did happen just 3 years ago and ever since then I drive or fly to where were going and then get a place to stay. If I can't see a room first, I don't stay there.

USA & Altai Kray...
Level Contributor
879 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Our Family Uncovers Expedia/WooGo Vacation Fraud - tonight...

We've used online booking several times for hotels, airline reservations and other travel needs in various international cities with no problem. at all However, one must read all the website information carefully, read disclaimers, check out pricing and proceed cautiously. Personally we've experienced no problems.

5. Re: Our Family Uncovers Expedia/WooGo Vacation Fraud - tonight...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, August 23, 2009